Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long should it take?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long should it take?

Ok so I paid a collection agency who refused to do a pay for delete but instead would zero out my account on all three CRAs and mail me a paid in full receipt...They got my certified check on the 29th of Jan..It's now 12th Feb and I have yet to see either happen..1) How long does it take to report to the CRAs? and 2) Should I write them and ask for my reciept or wait till end of this week.? I dont think it should take this  long. ..Any help will be highly appreciated!!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long should it take?

Did you get the agreement to report the account as paid in full in writing?  If so you can petition the credit bureaus directly to correct your reports.  Otherwise, depending on the time of the month that they use as their reporting deadline you may have to wait 1 or 2 months for the correction to show up on your report.....Sucks doesn't it?  Although, you can always give the collector a call and ask them if they will expedite the process.   Good luck.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I got them to agree in writing pay in full....1 or 2 months?? yowza!!..How do I go about with the CRAs to correct?! I will send the collector an email tomorrow..As I want the receipt like they had stated..I shelled out over a grand and am not gonna get screwed!! Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it is not reporting correctly on your credit report- dispute it.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welp I guess the collector emailed me back and says it takes atleast 30 days for them to mail out receipts because ppl can put a stop on cashier's checks so I have to wait till then...Is that true?...he did tell me to email him on the 29th of this month...Just wanted to update!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.