Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long will it take to increase scores

tag
praise123
Contributor

How long will it take to increase scores

I know people ask this question all the time but this is my situation. My last FICO SCORE FROM TRANSUNION WAS 657 AND EQUIFAX ANDXPERIAN WAS 638 AND 641.  I applied for some cards that are not even reporting but I already took the hit on the hard inquiries.  I keep utilization low and pay everything else on time.  How long will it take for my scores to get to about 700.  My credit cards are all within the month of June. Is there anything else that I can do besides wait it out?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

Re: How long will it take to increase scores

Patience is the key to obtaining a good FICO score.  The more you apply, the more of a hit to your scores you will see.  But if you've recently acquired a couple of cards, then the best thing you can do is to continue to pay your bills on time and never be late.  Best advice is to always PIF  etc.  Utilization isn't as big of a factor unless you're planning to apply for something in the near future.  Util. is calculated monthly, so as long as you get it down before applying, then you'll be fine.  Although some like myself like to always keep utilization low and experiment with different balances to see what the best action is for highest score count.  But to answer your question, yes the best thing you can do at this point is just wait it out, PIF and on time and watch your scores rise. Smiley Happy

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@praise123 wrote:

Is there anything else that I can do besides wait it out?

Keep monitoring your credit reports to make sure they are sparkling clean, pay everything on time and, I believe this time next year you will be approaching the 700 score you are looking for.  Just hang in there and keep on keeping on! 

Message 3 of 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@praise123 wrote:

I know people ask this question all the time but this is my situation. My last FICO SCORE FROM TRANSUNION WAS 657 AND EQUIFAX ANDXPERIAN WAS 638 AND 641.  I applied for some cards that are not even reporting but I already took the hit on the hard inquiries.  I keep utilization low and pay everything else on time.  How long will it take for my scores to get to about 700.  My credit cards are all within the month of June. Is there anything else that I can do besides wait it out?

May I ask where you got your scores? No one has been able to buy their own Experian FICO score since February of 2009. Creditors can pull Experian and also there is a CU (PSECU) in Pennsylvania that supplies that information to it's members only.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.