cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much can this improve my credit?

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: How much can this improve my credit?

@Anonymous wrote:
Loans do not reset AoYA; other than that all great advice!

Yes they do.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

And if you recall we had that discussion back then. Yes, I was pulling daily reports that’s what I told you then.

I have no interest in arguing.
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

But, I will admit many of the CMS front ends will list your loan as your youngest account, but the FICO algorithm does not reset your AoYA for an installment loan.
Message 14 of 17
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
But, I will admit many of the CMS front ends will list your loan as your youngest account, but the FICO algorithm does not reset your AoYA for an installment loan.

Every time I took out an SSL it reset my age of newest account, according to both Experian and MyFICO.

How can you be so certain that the FICO algorithm was not reset?

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes the front end software from the CMS is definitely going to tell you it’s your youngest account because it in fact is. However, if you will read the threads above I conclusively tested and proved that it does not reset it for the algorithm.

I got my 1 year AOYA awards, then my loan reported and I did not lose them. Then I went on an app spree and as soon as the first card reported, I lost my AoYA points.

As you asked me then, yes I was pulling daily reports through myFICO. As you said then, had I not, it would’ve not been conclusive. But I was pulling daily reports.

The loan reported on a different day to TransUnion than it did the others. I had to pull separate reports every day and yes it cost a fortune.
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep in mind the CMS front ends are like the simulators, you cannot count on them. You have to look at the raw data and track the scores. That’s the only way that I discovered this.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.