cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much of you used FICO® PREMIER 3-Bureau Monitoring Plus Monthly Credit Reports

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How much of you used FICO® PREMIER 3-Bureau Monitoring Plus Monthly Credit Reports

Like to now if really is the best out there ? At the moment I used Experian creditworks premium for half of the price
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: How much of you used FICO® PREMIER 3-Bureau Monitoring Plus Monthly Credit Reports

@Anonymous wrote:
Like to now if really is the best out there ? At the moment I used Experian creditworks premium for half of the price

I use them all, lol.....MyFico is the best if you want to know what all of your scores are.  It's most helpful in preparing for a particular app ie. auto, mortgage, credit card (Exp. 3b report is just Fico 8 for EQ and TU).  

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How much of you used FICO® PREMIER 3-Bureau Monitoring Plus Monthly Credit Reports

I sign up for the myFICO product every 18-24 months, just for fun to look at all my scores.  Paying for one month and then cancelling is not too bad on my wallet.  Paying $500 a year would be way too harsh for me, however.

A number of us use free tools to get our FICO scores and reports.  Some people add to that ultralow cost tools like Credit Check Total, which you can use to grab all three FICO 8 scores for $1.

The myFICO product is the best one I know of for preparing for a mortgage, though if it is used properly you can often get away with a single pull for $30. 

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for respond and with a single pull you get more scores too?
Message 4 of 8
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

To have a complete picture it is the best out there. But it costs $40 month + tax. And it only gives you the complete picture once a month.

But for a fraction of the cost, the Experian credit works is more useful, since it provides daily updates. At a cost of $10 month + tax.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

$10.00 at month were I am paying 20 🤦🏻‍♂️
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I subscribe to both.  Experian's service doesn't give FICO9, which a lot of issuers are moving to.  If your F9 and F8 scores are close enough to each other not to matter, then that likely doesn't matter to you.  Mine are drastically different.

MyFico at least gives F9 when it refreshes your report.  I wish it would update F9 constantly like it does for F8, but if wishes were horses....

I _WOULD_ be happier if they ever released a 3B+ monthly product for family... Right now I'm stuck at quarterly updates because DW and I use a family account. (HELLO... if you're reading this MyFico.... Please?!)

Message 7 of 8
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

I use the 3B monitoring. It's the best there is, plain and simple... but it comes at a cost. If you're willing to get fewer scores from fewer bureaus, then there are a multitude of other options out there. But if you want monthly updates on ALL of your FICO scores from all 3 bureaus, there's only one product out there that can do it.

That said - most people probably don't need monthly updates of all their FICOs from all 3 bureaus. So something like the Experian Premium whatever-it's-called would be perfectly fine for most people. It gives you all the FICOs for Experian, and a FICO 8 (only) from the other 2 bureaus. And that's more than enough for your average person.

I'd even bet that most people out there would do fine with just using the free options - the free Experian FICO8 on their website, the vantage scores from a gazillion other places, and maybe a FICO here and there from their bank websites.

For myself, I'd rather just pay for the 3B monitoring and get to track all my scores all the time, so I can identify trends better. Like, "Are my mortgage scores going up or down when my CC balances change?" "What is my typical median Mortgage score? And in what months was it the highest? And why?" "Is right now the best time to refincance my car, or are my Auto 8 scores lower than usual right now?"

Basically, you get what you pay for - more $$$ means more data points to study your credit health with.

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.