Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much should I offer a CA for PFD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How much should I offer a CA for PFD

First and foremost, thank you to all whom have been so helpful in providing answers to so many questions. I have a question that I have read alot about and have probably gotten so wound up that I've lost my answer!!! I would like to send a PFD to a CA that I owe 475.00 to. I would gladly PIF , but I am not sure if I should try a lesser amount at first. Advise would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
ChemGuy
Frequent Contributor

Re: How much should I offer a CA for PFD

Remember that CA's aren't actually obligated to delete, even if they superficially agree to PFD.  So, I'd offer PIF so that they won't be enticed to report you as 'settled for less' instead of delete!  Just my input.
Message 2 of 8
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

I would send an initial letter offering to PFD but dont list the amonut you are willing to pay, be vauge, wait for them to reply to your initial letter and see how they react.
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 3 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

ChemGuy wrote:
Remember that CA's aren't actually obligated to delete, even if they superficially agree to PFD.  So, I'd offer PIF so that they won't be enticed to report you as 'settled for less' instead of delete!  Just my input.

Totally agree! I had settled with a CA (Wolpoff & Abramson) years ago at 75% and they responded with a letter saying that the debt is satisfied and paid. Well, a CA's word is as good as their bond and W&P resold the debt to yet another CA for the 25% difference. Since then, I'll either pay 100% or 0%, but never anything in between.

Edit due to bad math.

Message Edited by llecs on 03-23-2008 09:26 PM
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks again for the input. I wanted to add something to this. When I pulled my report I found that the
CA was reporting the debt @ 476.31. About a month ago I requested the CA to send me a copy of the orig. billing statement, it shows an amount due of 436.31. During initial conv. with CA , about 5 months ago, there was not any discussion of any added fees by CA and I made a payment of 40.00 @ that time over the phone. Any input?
Message 5 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

If you don't agree with the balance I'd send a DV first and foremost. Sounds like the OC never updated the CA.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The payment was sent to the CA after OC sent bill to collections. We set up an agreement for payment ( me and the CA ). I requested a paper bill statement and the CA never sent me one. I was expected to just call in once a month, give a phone payment to a company I had no idea who or where they were from, no way. I requested a billing statement and they sent me a copy of the orig. OC statement. It only took about three months of back and forth. I have yet to speak to them. Thanks in advance.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought I might mention. The company is Absolute Collections Raleigh NC. Anyone with any expirience or luck?
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.