cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Cancel Credit Check Total in Less Than 30 Minutes (Usually)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to Cancel Credit Check Total in Less Than 30 Minutes (Usually)

If you've signed up for Credit Check Total and have tried to cancel via the automated phone options, you may discover that it does not work and you are on hold for a very long time. I am providing the cancellation steps I followed in case they are helpful to you.

***HOW TO QUICKLY CANCEL CREDIT CHECK TOTAL***

The automated phone options to cancel *do not work* and are a "total" waste of time. Of course, you would do better not to enroll in this service at all, but in case you have, here are the instructions on cancellation that I followed on April 18, 2018:

1) Call 1-877-284-7942
2) Enter your Social Security Number (SSN#)
3) Enter your Zip Code
4) Press 2 - "If you just have general questions about your credit..."
5) Press 1 - "Do you have questions about your credit report?..."
6) Press 1 - "If you have questions about your credit report..."
7) Listen to the prerecorded message, after which you will be *immediately* transferred to a *live representative*.

DO NOT FOLLOW THE PROMPTS FOR "MEMBERSHIP" OR "CANCELLATION" AS THEY DO NOT WORK AND YOU WILL BE ON HOLD FOR TWO YEARS. NO ONE WILL ANSWER.

My total time on hold was less than 10 seconds both times I called using the 7 steps above.

You will be sent a "Cancellation Confirmation Email" to the email you used to register for the service.

Congratulations! You have successfully cancelled your membership.

P. S. I don't recommend repeatedly signing up for this just to cancel as the hold times seem to get longer with successive signups.

68 REPLIES 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to Cancel Credit Check Total

That's awesome, BBS is gonna love you if this work.

Edit: I just tried it and got to a live person as described, of course I quickly hung up like a stalker because I have nothing to cancel.

Message 2 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great post and as OM states above, if this works with no hold time it will make a ton of people happy.  I may have to knock out a $1 trial for S&G's just to try out the steps above Smiley Wink

Smart going down a different menu path that would put you ahead of people trying to cancel.

OP, might I make the suggestion to change the title of your thread here.  When I first read it, I thought it was going to be another thread like the dozens on here with someone asking how to cancel and I was prepared to offer my usual input.  I almost passed up on even looking at this thread for that reason.  I feel many others may not see this thread due to the title.  If I were you, I'd change it to something like "How to cancel CCT by phone in 10 seconds" or something similar that will generate a lot of traffic and really get the word out.

Message 3 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

No don't do that! The less people reading this thread the better, we all know what happened to the last shortcut. I'm thinking he should change it to "Absolutely Nothing To See Here Please Do Not Click".
Message 4 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

I miss the days of the simple automated phone system cancel that could be done any hour of the day.

Message 5 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think there is a great opportunity for a class action suit against Experian here.  

Message 6 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AnonymousI think there is a great opportunity for a class action suit against Experian here.  

Why do you say that?  Because they are making it difficult for people to cancel (making them wait excessive times) when they clearly have the means/manpower to field these calls immediately if they wanted to?

Message 7 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@AnonymousI think there is a great opportunity for a class action suit against Experian here.  

Why do you say that?  Because they are making it difficult for people to cancel (making them wait excessive times) when they clearly have the means/manpower to field these calls immediately if they wanted to?

Yeah if something takes over 2 hours to cancel and then charges you 29.99 a month I would say that is a scam.  

Message 8 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

One can still cancel via email, which only takes a few minutes, although it often does require a little bit of hoop-jumping in the event that they still charge you the monthy fee... but then they'll refund it.

At least the OP here has seemingly come up with a way to avoid the excessive hold time via phone for those that favor that cancellation method.

Message 9 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Joined the trial last night, cancelled today via OP, wait time = 29 minutes.
Message 10 of 69
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.