cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Cancel Credit Check Total in Less Than 30 Minutes (Usually)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to Cancel Credit Check Total

I have used it 4 times. 1st time took a couple of minutes. Second time took 55 minutes. 3rd time took over 2 hrs, on hold. At least they have decent music while you work. 4th time I never got anyone. Sent two emails to cancel and ended up having to have the bank block them so they couldn't charge the $29.99 they tried twice after I canceled to run through. Never again. Nope, not worth the irritation.
Message 11 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Great post and as OM states above, if this works with no hold time it will make a ton of people happy.  I may have to knock out a $1 trial for S&G's just to try out the steps above Smiley Wink

Smart going down a different menu path that would put you ahead of people trying to cancel.

OP, might I make the suggestion to change the title of your thread here.  When I first read it, I thought it was going to be another thread like the dozens on here with someone asking how to cancel and I was prepared to offer my usual input.  I almost passed up on even looking at this thread for that reason.  I feel many others may not see this thread due to the title.  If I were you, I'd change it to something like "How to cancel CCT by phone in 10 seconds" or something similar that will generate a lot of traffic and really get the word out.

Thanks for taking the time to reply! I appreciate your suggestion! I went ahead and updated the title of the post accordingly. 

Message 12 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@AnonymousI think there is a great opportunity for a class action suit against Experian here.  

Why do you say that?  Because they are making it difficult for people to cancel (making them wait excessive times) when they clearly have the means/manpower to field these calls immediately if they wanted to?

@I'm with @frogman on this one. Clearly these are sneaky business practices that have probably been cheating *thousands* of customers out of their money for months on end due to not being able to cancel. Emails have historically gone unanswered by CCT with numerous complaints littering the interwebs from customers who can't cancel within their short 7-day window.

I say just use the other reputable providers and leave CCT alone.

Message 13 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous

I'm with @frogman on this one. Clearly these are sneaky business practices that have probably been cheating *thousands* of customers out of their money for months on end due to not being able to cancel. Emails have historically gone unanswered by CCT with numerous complaints littering the interwebs from customers who can't cancel within their short 7-day window.

I say just use the other reputable providers and leave CCT alone.

I don't think they're cheating anyone at all.  I've done proably 40 CCT $1 trials and have never been cheated out of a penny.  You have to understand that you get what you pay for.  You're getting a total of 6 FICO 08 scores for $1; you get 3 when you start the trial and 3 again 7-10 days after.  17 cents per score.  They aren't making money off of anyone doing this.  Something has got to give here.  What gives is the customer service and ease of cancellation.  For what you get for a dollar, I think the minor irritation that goes along with it is worth it.  Others may not and that's fine, they don't need to use the service.

You can use other reputable providers, but are there any?  I don't know of any other place that you can pull your 3 FICO 08 scores at the moment you want them for $1. 

Also, there's a super easy work-around to ensure that you never get charged anything more than $1.  You simply use a gift card that has $25 or less on it to start your trial.  If they ever try to bill you for a full membership at ~$29, you won't have sufficient funds on the card and thus won't be charged.

Message 14 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

BBS, how do I get the 2nd set of scores during 7-10 days before the subscription runs out? Thanks.
Message 15 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AnonymousBBS, how do I get the 2nd set of scores during 7-10 days before the subscription runs out? Thanks.

After you cancel within the first 7 days, you can still log into the account whenver you want.  When you log in and are at the overview screen, scroll down and look at the bottom right side of the screen.  There you'll see something that says "3 bureau refresh available."  You can click that any day (once) from Day 7 through Day 10 and get your 3B reports/scores updated. 

I always try to be pretty strategic regarding the date of my initial pull so that I get value from the second pull 7-10 days later.  For example, if I know that a certain event is going to happen on the 1st of the month, perhaps I'll start a trial on the 28th, knowing that with a single $1 I'll be able to pull my before and after scores, as the second pull on the 3rd or 4th of the month would include whatever change happened a few days earlier on the 1st.

For example, this coming month I have score impacting changes taking place on the 1st and 2nd.  I'm going to start a trial this coming Tuesday on the 24th to get my "before" scores.  Then 7 days later on the evening of the 1st I'll use my second refresh pull to see my scores after the first change happens.  The following day or likely the 3rd (just to be safe) I'll start another $1 trial to pull my scores again after the second change happens, although my refresh pull 7 days after that won't result in scores being any different.

Message 16 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got it thanks.
Message 17 of 69
Kree
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

One can still cancel via email, which only takes a few minutes, although it often does require a little bit of hoop-jumping in the event that they still charge you the monthy fee... but then they'll refund it.

At least the OP here has seemingly come up with a way to avoid the excessive hold time via phone for those that favor that cancellation method.

But I think the terms require a call. They allow email, for now, but any second they could say "nope".

Message 18 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Even if that were to be the case, for the reasons I mentioned back in Post 16 to me it's not a big deal at all.

There is also another thread that I started with a 3rd phone number that typically results in a wait time of around 1/4-1/2 of the length experienced when calling the 1st or 2nd most common numbers.  I've had my calls answered in 5-15 minutes frequently using that line, where at the same time the 1st and 2nd numbers were quoting 90-120 minutes. 

Message 19 of 69
kshurika
Frequent Contributor

You can cancel via email in fewer than 2 minutes. I have the email pre-written that I reuse every time and I send it to help@creditchecktotal.com. a couple of days later I get an acknowledgement.
Message 20 of 69
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.