cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Cancel Credit Check Total in Less Than 30 Minutes (Usually)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to Cancel Credit Check Total

@kshurikaWell, because I loathe waiting on the phone, I use a gift card and email. If they screw up, it's all on them. No harm no foul to me.

CCT's valuable, though.

Have you tried using the method from the original post in this thread yet?  I haven't, but will be for the first time tomorrow, as I knocked out a $1 trial today.

Message 31 of 69
kshurika
Frequent Contributor

Nope. Haven't tried it yet; but I will.

Message 32 of 69
kshurika
Frequent Contributor

Message 33 of 69
onstar
Established Contributor

Thanks OP. I just called right now to cancel. Entire phone call took 3 minutes including punching in my SSN, DOB, plus 2 other verification, talking to the CSR, and INCLUDING getting the confirmation email.

3 freakin' minutes!

BK DC 4/9/2018
FICO 08 (4/9/2018): EQ 647 EX 609 TU 620
FICO 08 (10/16/2020): EQ 676 EX 659 TU 653
Message 34 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

I forgot to post my data point from when I cancelled 5 days ago.  My phone call took 12 minutes... about 9 minutes of hold time.

Something noteworthy I came across, though.  After cancelling via the instructions in the first post of this thread, I called back the main 2 numbers and proceeded through the prompts the traditional way of cancelling.  When I was placed on hold, I was not quoted a hold time estimate at all.  I'm used to hearing something to the tune of, "your expected wait time is greater than 1 hour" for example.  It just went to the hold music and never quoted a time.

I'm curious if anyone else has noticed the elimination of time quotes?  I'm starting another $1 trial on Wednesday this week, so when I go to cancel on Thursday I'll see if I experience the same thing and report back.

Message 35 of 69
kshurika
Frequent Contributor

Throughout this topic I've been a fervent advocate of the cancel-by-email approach. Now, I'm not so sure. As I wrote, I cancelled by email and got a response within a day or two. A few days later I got the notice from CCT that my card had not cleared (because I used an Amex gift card). I sent another email to them that copied my previous one, telling them that I had already cancelled. No response this time. A few days ago, I got a third email from CCT, this one much more strident, telling me that I needed to come up with a new card number in order to continue my membership. I've sent them another email that contains my previous emails and a demand and that they cancel my membership.

It's turning into a hassle and I think next time I'll try the OP's method. I don't mind all that much, but it prevents me from getting back onto CCT unless I use an entirely different profile and a different card.
Message 36 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for coming back to update us on the email method. Sorry to hear about the trouble, but not surprised as many others reported their emails were not being answered. Did you try calling yet? If not, I suggest that you do call to clear the matter up.

@BrutalBodyShots - All the prompts stated less than one minute hold time when I called the "traditional" way, but I was still holding for an hour plus.
Message 37 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kshurikaA few days ago, I got a third email from CCT, this one much more strident, telling me that I needed to come up with a new card number in order to continue my membership. I've sent them another email that contains my previous emails and a demand and that they cancel my membership.

I find this interesting and it's definitely a change from what I've experienced in the past.  In the past when they've failed to cancel my trial via email request, as you stated they did attempt to charge my gift card without success.  I did get email(s) from them requesting that I update my card info.  I never had any trouble logging in though during these times.  In fact, a side effect that I actually liked was that my EX score would update daily on the account.  This only went on for about a week or so before they officially cancelled my membership, but I did enjoy the perk of seeing my EX score receive a daily update.  I'm assuming that with "real" CCT memberships you get a daily EX update.

Message 38 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous
@BrutalBodyShots - All the prompts stated less than one minute hold time when I called the "traditional" way, but I was still holding for an hour plus.

It sounds like they've eliminated the excessive wait time quotes then, even though excessive wait times still do exist.  That's kind of crappy, as if someone is going to invest an hour or two being on hold they should at least be informed of that at the start of the call, as many would likely make the decision at that time to hang up if they're properly informed.

Message 39 of 69
kshurika
Frequent Contributor

@BrutalBodyShots. I took a screenshot of what comes up after I login to CCT, but I can't figure out how to attach it here using my phone. For a while after I cancel, I still can get on to the site, as you described. But after the emails from them begin about my expired card, I get blocked. At some point, there will be an apologetic letter from CCT, telling me that they have finally cancelled my membership and that they hope I'll consider coming back.

I just wish I could get on now.
Message 40 of 69
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.