Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to bounce back after an app spree!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to bounce back after an app spree!

So I am rather new to the credit world I have been actively working on my credit for about a year now. I brought my score from the mid 500s to the 700s with in this time. I have recently went on what some would call an app spree and I have opened up 2 credit accounts and 1 auto loan within the last 6 most and 6 cards mostly store/ subprime the 6 most prior. I have noticed my scores have took a hit with every account I open. Does anyone have any advice on how long I should garden before I would app again or look into a mortgage?
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to bounce back after an app spree!

Don’t app for a year. After a year the inquires stop effecting your score but they stay on for 2 years.

Go to the mortgage section and read the threads on prepping for a mortgage. You want to use as little credit as possible and use some of the scoring tricks when you’re ready to apply. Remember getting a mortgage is not just about your credit score. Your financial life needs to be buttoned up. Loan officers will spend a lot of time with your documents before giving an approval.

Message 2 of 7
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

6 months to  a year in the garden?

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 3 of 7
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

Yes, 12 months, no touchy- to boot ☝🏽

Message 4 of 7
800FICOGoal
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
 Does anyone have any advice on how long I should garden before I would app again or look into a mortgage?

Given the amount of new credit you opened in the last year, I wouldn't think about applying for a mortgage until at least a year has past. 

Rebuild Cards

Goal Cards

Loans
Message 5 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Dont app anymore. Adding a Home changes everything so as suggested , go to Mortgage forum. A cc pails in comparison to adding the kind of debt/ responsibility of a new home does
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice. Mortgage forum it is...
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.