cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to build history with a Credit Union?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to build history with a Credit Union?

I am going to have a credit counseling session with the loan officer at a credit union that I am a member of this afternoon. As you can see, my FICO score isn't all that great but I am going to have a meeting with her to get some insight on what I need to do to get the ball rolling to get my credit score to improve. I know I have a few baddies that I am working on clearing up, but I am interested in what I need to do and where I need to be in order to be able to take advantage of some of the products they offer. Right now I just have a savings account that I have $25/week going into it. Going to bump that up at the beginning of July when I pay off some medical bills I have accumulated. Wish me luck. As I see it, knowledge is power and I am seeking that from the loan officer as well as people who have been in my shoes and have weathered the storm. Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Luck!   I'm going to open an account with a credit union today.  It's been on my to do list for a long time. 

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I am back from my credit counseling at the CU. Needless to say, I don't know what my mood is like. I pulled my FICO score for TU here on May 16th and the CU pulled my FICO score today and there is a 68 point difference. Yes, I said 68 point difference and not on the upside either. There has nothing that has changed within the past 9 days. So can someone please explain this one to me? I'm truly at a loss of words on this one and I know that it was written all over my face when she showed me my score and I told her that it couldn't have dropped that much in 9 days.  Thanks in advance for any input.

Smiley Sad

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

OOOOHhh!  Dang. 

When our CU pulled our reports, their score was different than we expected.  We asked them which score they were pulling, and they were ambiguous.  When we asked for copies of our reports, they declined.  I was miffed.  We use a different CU now.  Their loss - we refi'd our mortgage and took out a new car loan elsewhere.  Smiley Wink 

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah. I was in utter shock when she said this is your credit score and circled it. It looks like they used FICO Classic 2004 Alert. Heard of that one? 

Message 15 of 16
marty56
Super Contributor

Many of the auto dealers use local credit unions for autoloans so I would start there.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.