cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get First Premier to delete old account from 2016?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to get First Premier to delete old account from 2016?

I have an old account with first premier for about $560 from 2016 that was charged off. It was never sent to collections I want to get it deleted and want to know the best and most effective method. Thanks In Advance!!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to get First Premier to delete old account from 2016?

@Anonymous wrote:

I have an old account with first premier for about $560 from 2016 that was charged off. It was never sent to collections I want to get it deleted and want to know the best and most effective method. Thanks In Advance!!

Welcome to the forums!

Have you paid the account off already? If not, you may be able to negotiate with First Premier to remove your account from your credit reports in exchange for a full payment on the principle. This method is called "pay for delete" (PFD). You can read more about this method here: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-PFD-Success-Stories/td-p/2031275

Good luck, OP! Smiley Wink
Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

They dont do pay for delete. I wanna try to get it removed by dispute or letter but I dont know which method to use.

Message 3 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

How are you going to dispute a valid tradeline? There may be instances where that *could* potentially work, but not in all situations. YEMV.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:
How are you going to dispute a valid tradeline? There may be instances where that *could* potentially work, but not in all situations. YEMV.

I agree with FinStar, OP. 

My advice would be to just pay the account off. Disputing a valid tradeline does not always work. A paid charge-off looks good on a  manual review in that shows future lenders that although you were delinquent for a certain period of time, you were able to repay the money extended to you. PFD is better, of course, but that's not going to happen in your case. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

What would be the basis of your dispute? One can only dispute information that is incorrect, what is incorrect about the reporting of this account?
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
What would be the basis of your dispute? One can only dispute information that is incorrect, what is incorrect about the reporting of this account?

+1. I'd like to know, too, OP. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

To add to the advice offered by others that you must identify a specific reporting inaccuracy in order to file a valid dispute, any dispute that fails to identify a specific inaccuracy can be dismissed without any need for investigation as being frivolous or irrelevant.

In addition to thus not compelling any investigation of your "dispute," filing of a dispute that does not assert any inaccuracy is likely to have the opposite affect of promoting ill-will on the part of the creditor, and thus result in their increased reluctance to grant any future form of good-will, either in the form of a PFD before payment, or a good-will deletion after payment.

Remedy for removal of accurate reporting is by way of a good-will request to the furnisher of the information, not by way of the dispute process.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am dealing with First Premier now. It's absolutely true that they don't do PFDs. I had to sue them before they would even talk about settlement. I'm now negotiating for a deletion in exchange for withdrawal of the lawsuit.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.