Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get credit score 750-800

tag
JRS123
Established Member

Re: How to get credit score 750-800

I just closed Cap.One secondary to less credit limit and annual fee starting next year.

So now I am-

Amex Blu - 15K - 1 year old (My to go Card) - 100 to 1500 balance paid full every month

BofA Cash rewards Visa Sig - 20K - 2 years old (3 weeks to convert to visa platinum) - 0 balance

BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig - 10K - 6mo. old (3 weeks to convert to visa platinum) - 0 balance

After reading thru this forum I think gardening is the best way to go !

Any suggestions?

MyFico - TU- Hawk Alert Smiley Sad MyFico EFX 726.
Amex Blue cash 15K; Bofa Cash rewards 20K; Bofa Travelrewards 10K; 2/13 myFico 709
Target Score 760-800
Gardening since Jan'13 hopefully till Jan '14
Message 21 of 23
jnkp2001
Regular Contributor

@MovingForward_2012 wrote:
A mortgage is definitely the most prestigious line of credit as lenders realize it takes more skill and discipline to obtain. The crazy stuff I had to do for that mortgage! 2 all nighters satisfying conditions...ick! Smiley Tongue

My mortgage has not reported yet. I heard it takes a minimum of 3 months. Smiley Sad

seems like 3 mos.  Ours will report next month and it is at the 3 month mark.  it6's thru Wells Fargo.  The rep told me they sit on it for that long to see of they sell it first.  Now back to your regularly scheduled thread...Smiley Very HappySmiley Wink

FICO EQ: 633 8/15/12
lender pulled 11/3/12 EQ 661 TU 650 EX598
credit Karma 674 credit sesame: 663
B/K discharged 2/2006......closed 8/2012

May your limits be high and your balances low!

Message 22 of 23
HiLine
Blogger

@JRS123 wrote:

I just closed Cap.One secondary to less credit limit and annual fee starting next year.

So now I am-

Amex Blu - 15K - 1 year old (My to go Card) - 100 to 1500 balance paid full every month

BofA Cash rewards Visa Sig - 20K - 2 years old (3 weeks to convert to visa platinum) - 0 balance

BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig - 10K - 6mo. old (3 weeks to convert to visa platinum) - 0 balance

After reading thru this forum I think gardening is the best way to go !

Any suggestions?

When do you want to achieve a 750? If the target is in a few months, what you're doing is great. Maintain a low reported credit utilization ratio and you should be golden.

Also, you probably know that different scoring models give you different scores. You may already have a 750 from one of the FICO scoring models without knowing it. Smiley Wink

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.