Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to handle account dispute on my credit report

tag
Bojack
Valued Member

How to handle account dispute on my credit report

Long story short I recently opened a PayPal credit account. I had been wanting to apply for the PayPal MasterCard but I apparently accepted an offer they had been emailing me for just the credit account. Upon realizing this I was emotionally devastated. I called PayPal to essentially complain about my own mistake and see if I could change to the MasterCard. He eventually said no and that he understood my frustration. Fast forward a week and every one of my credit reports have an account remark added saying I dispute this account. I hate the account but I certainly never disputed it. Will this go away after they review it or do I need to be proactive and reach out to someone. I have this feeling that I could complicate things worse by calling in to dispute the dispute. So frustrated. Any advice would be great. Thank you all.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How to handle account dispute on my credit report

Call the issuer tell them you are disputing nothing and want the comments removed, if this fails call the CRAs tell them you are disputing nothing and want them removed. Pretty easy to get done.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.