Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to manage your inquiries (?) (!)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to manage your inquiries (?) (!)

I have noticed there are some go-getters really eager to rebuild their credit, just like myself, on the road to recovery once the baddies are in the rearview mirror. 

One of the side effects of this focused trial and error is racking up a lot of inquiries, negatively impacting your chances of approval for inquiry-sensitive lenders. 

My question is this: do lenders only see the inquiries on the bureau they pull? If so, let's do a brain dump and create (or link) a thread, ideally a single thread, with banks / CU's and the bureaus they are known to pull. 

If my above assumption is correct, 3/3/3 across EQ/TU/EX won't tank your instant approval odds like 0/0/9 if that 10th lender you're shopping also happens to pull EX. If we spread out our fun across the bureaus, can we limit the impact our frivolous applications have on our profile as a borrower? 

If anyone wants to get us rolling on who they know pulls from what bureau, that would be awesome! 

6 REPLIES 6
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: How to manage your inquiries (?) (!)

Message 2 of 7
Hut1
Established Contributor

You're late to the game, @Anonymous   😆

@credit_is_crack updates the grid regularly.  👍

download

Message 3 of 7
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My question is this: do lenders only see the inquiries on the bureau they pull? If so, let's do a brain dump and create (or link) a thread, ideally a single thread, with banks / CU's and the bureaus they are known to pull. 

If my above assumption is correct, 3/3/3 across EQ/TU/EX won't tank your instant approval odds like 0/0/9 if that 10th lender you're shopping also happens to pull EX. If we spread out our fun across the bureaus, can we limit the impact our frivolous applications have on our profile as a borrower? 

Lenders do see the hard pull inquiry. Some lenders also do soft pull inquiry on other bureaus. Some lenders double hard pull, e.g. Chase. Some lenders triple hard pull, e.g. Capital One.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hut1 wrote:

The great thing about reinventing the wheel is that it yields incremental improvements 😉

Message 5 of 7
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Hut1 wrote:

The great thing about reinventing the wheel is that it yields incremental improvements 😉

The more data points the better. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 7
Hut1
Established Contributor

@Anonymous  We also use preapproval links in an attempt to judge if we have a chance of being approved. It's never 100%, but it can give you an idea and potentially save you a HP.  

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/List-of-Soft-pull-PREAPPROVAL-Links-Updated-4-23/m-p/5938753

download

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.