Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to obtain FICO Scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to obtain FICO Scores

I want to get ALL of my FICO scores so that I can document my process. I was going to purchase the service here but it says I have to pay $29.95 for updates quarterly and more if I want updates monthly. I’m able to get updates via Discover Scorecard for Experian and Citi Equifax scores but I can’t get TU anywhere. So my question is, can I just purchase the $29.95 option grab my scores, cancel it and purchase it again next quarter? Or is there somewhere I can get true FICO scores free? Also, I read somewhere that TU only provides VantageScore now. Is this correct?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to obtain FICO Scores

No need to waste $30 when you can accomplish the same and more with a $1 trial over at Credit Check Total.

You'll get your 3B reports and 3 FICO 08 scores, twice (7-10 days apart), for a single dollar.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome! Thank you.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, just wanted to say thanks again for the advice, just signed up for Credit Check Total and they gave me all my scores (some higher than I thought haha) and a nice consolidated report! This is awesome for sure. Now I can start writing letters, disputing incorrect info, and watching my growth because I have data points.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice to know! Just don't forget to cancel it before it bills you the subscription if you don't want to pay the monthly fee.

If you have Discover card, you get your TransUnion FICO for free monthly. Amex comes with free Experian FICO.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You may also want to sign up for this free service:

https://www.creditscore.com/

Credit Karma is also valuable for getting frequent EQ and TU reports.  You can ignore their scores and advice.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AnonymousHey, just wanted to say thanks again for the advice, just signed up for Credit Check Total and they gave me all my scores (some higher than I thought haha) and a nice consolidated report! This is awesome for sure. Now I can start writing letters, disputing incorrect info, and watching my growth because I have data points.

You got it, glad it worked out for you and that it was what you were looking for!  As someone else mentioned above, just make sure you cancel it promptly so you don't get billed anything else.  Another thing I'll add is that you can do another $1 trial any time you want using the same user name and password.  Even after you cancel your trial membership, you can still log into your account (forever) and pull up that 3B report that you just paid a dollar for;  It stays archived.  Every time you log in after your trial is done, you'll see a "congratulations, you're eligible for another $1 trial membership!" like you just won some sort of sweepstakes.  They really push their dollar trials.  Feel free to do additional dollar trials whenever you want, especially before/after big changes happen to your report.  Another best practice is to pick yourself up a $25 gift card somewhere and use that as the card for just your CCT trial memberships.  This way if you ever do forget to cancel within the 7 days or something, if they go to bill you the $29.99 there will be insufficient funds and you can't get whacked for a full monthly charge. 

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was definitely wondering if I’d be able to do it again for $1 haha. Good information! Think I’ll pick up a gift card today and load some money into it so I can keep that handy and keep up on my scores. Super excited for this rebuild.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've probably done 40-50 different $1 trials myself, so I can assure you they allow more than one.  Smiley Wink

The first few times I created a new user name and password, thinking surely they wouldn't allow multiples under the same credentials.  Then from reading this forum I found that to not be the case and sure enough I've been doing a ton of trials under the same un/pw for a good year and a half now.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.