cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to quickly change your personal information on your credit report?

tag
milesmileley
New Visitor

How to quickly change your personal information on your credit report?

Hi. I ran into a problem. I lost access to my old phone number, which appears on all credit reports. It's preventing me from living. I recently needed money urgently, but can get approved for credit applications. Can you please tell me how I can change my personal information on my credit reports for the week? I urgently need a new loan to solve my problems...

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: How to quickly change your personal information on your credit report?

You can dispute old numbers off your reports, but I don't know of any way to quickly add them on to your reports. Generally the personal information is filled in by creditors reporting your info along with your credit accounts. 

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 3
Miikawaadizi
New Contributor

Re: How to quickly change your personal information on your credit report?

@milesmileley @Do you have a fraud alert on your credit reports? Is that why you'd need access to your number? If you don't have a fraud alert on your reports then you would just be able to apply for credit needed and when the creditor reports they add any new info(address/phone number/name) to said reports. 

if it's a fraud alert and is stating that the financial institution must call before opening a tradeline then I would think you would have to take the fraud alert off before

proceeding with any new credit applications. The fraud alert/call "this number" is/was there to protect a person from identity theft by preventing new applications of credit without first talking to the person applying at their given number. It's doing its job if that's what your issue (although not very helpful to you at the moment). 

Starting Score:Early 2021 Mid 400s
Current Score:Eq/Ex/Tu 740/743/734 Experian is -4 thanks to Comenity hard pull and their website “update” debacle
Goal Score: 800+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.