Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update addresses to CRAs

tag
KhuKhu
New Contributor

How to update addresses to CRAs

Can I update my address to the CRAs somewhere online? it's been many months and TU and EX still reports my old address. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: How to update addresses to CRAs

Most of the time, they will have you send in copies of your id, social security number and proof of address ie utility bill.
Message 2 of 8
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

And be aware that if any creditors who report regularly do not have up to date addresses then you may see the old address still reporting as current. I know the last time I move my address would flip flop from old to new depending on who reported last. Both showed up in the information field. After all creditors were updated then it stabilized and the old address shows up as old.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 8
KhuKhu
New Contributor

@HoldingOntoHope wrote:

And be aware that if any creditors who report regularly do not have up to date addresses then you may see the old address still reporting as current. I know the last time I move my address would flip flop from old to new depending on who reported last. Both showed up in the information field. After all creditors were updated then it stabilized and the old address shows up as old.

Yes exactly. EQ shows the correct address but TU/EX still shows my old residence which is my parents house. Should I even bother to change it? It doesnt affect me in anyway, right?

Message 4 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

For consistency of reports, yes. You might apply for another lender who might double pull you. if the addresses are different you might have a delay in approval or fraud mismatch
Message 5 of 8
KhuKhu
New Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
For consistency of reports, yes. You might apply for another lender who might double pull you. if the addresses are different you might have a delay in approval or fraud mismatch

Alright i'll do it then. there is no harm, just sending in two things (according to the website), easy peasy.

Now I have to ask just in case, no HP, right?

Message 6 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 7 of 8
KhuKhu
New Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
No HP anytime you access your own credit report.

Great, TY.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.