Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How will credit burreaus report the removal of an AU account

tag
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

How will credit burreaus report the removal of an AU account

i removed my self from a card I was an AU on the card kept posting with 70-90% UTL, I know it should update on the next time Cap1 reports, but how will myfico, CK and friends report the change, will it be a score bump for unknown reason since my overall UTL will go down and I won't have any cards over 60% UTL both things that are killing my score. I should of did it months ago, but I'm not a big fan of calling credit card companies, today I relized I could do it via chat, and it took less than 5 minutes rather painless.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: How will credit burreaus report the removal of an AU account

Did you contact the CRAs and have yourself removed?
Message 2 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

It should either be removed entirely or it may say something like relationship terminated.

Message 3 of 7
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: How will credit bureaus report the removal of an AU account

@09Lexie wrote:
Did you contact the CRAs and have yourself removed?

I contacted Cap1, and had them remove it, yesterday, it should update in a month or so, since the card has a Balance on it and a lot of use, they will report when the statement cuts. No real rush, I have more UTL problems that need to work on, want my overall UTL below 15% before I AP  for CSP in January or February for the $400 after meeting the spend requirements and 2x points on restaurants and travel, also debating about Chase Amtrak card possibly taking the train 5 days a week next year and the points will be helpful.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 4 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@guiness56 wrote:

It should either be removed entirely or it may say something like relationship terminated.

Isn't an Amex AU (ACM) the only one where the tradeline remains?  Vast majority AFAIK yank it off?

        
Message 5 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@guiness56 wrote:

Isn't an Amex AU (ACM) the only one where the tradeline remains?  Vast majority AFAIK yank it off?

Seems I may have seen another one that just put relationship terminated.  Not really sure.  I know in the reporting guide it says to put relationship terminated on AU accounts you want removed.

Message 6 of 7
JKXX
New Contributor

I was removed from a few AU accounts 2-3 months ago. All are still showing. I filed a dispute with Experian to get them removed as my CR definitely didn't update on it's own.

Last Inq: 10/24/14. EQ: 770 (10-02-13), TU08: 797 (10-27-14), EX: ??
Chase Ink $18,500 | REI Visa $17,000 | Chase Freedom $10,000 | Discover IT $10,000 | Sallie Mae $10,000 | Amex BCE $9,000 | BOA 123 $7,500 | US Bank Cash+ $7,000 | Wells Fargo Rewards $4,900 | Walmart Discover $6,500 | Chase Amazon $1,000
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.