Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge Credit Card Debt

tag
tacpoly
Established Contributor

Re: Huge Credit Card Debt

What you've done has been really amazing.  But take care of yourself first and foremost. Your health is more important than some credit card companies' balance sheet.

Have you checked your scores? If they're high enough, maybe you can get a $0 cost balance transfer. Or a low-interest personal loan to consolidate any remaining high-interest debt. 

Good luck. 

Message 41 of 81
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous  just ran across this post again.  Wondering how it's going paying down during a Pandemic, new job and all that Life throws at you.

Look forward to another update.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 42 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

^^^ agreed. @Anonymous , how ya doin' man?

Message 43 of 81
Save-n-Invest
Established Contributor

@Anonymous , hope you are well. Please update when you have time. Smiley Happy

Message 44 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I am still here! First Happy Holidays to Everyone again as we get ready to go into a new year. May everyone be blessed, proseprous and healthy. I wish everyone in the WORLD the BEST!!! Its almost been 2yrs since I started posting here.

Thank you so much Save-n-Invest and ImTheDevil, GApeachy, tacpoly, AllZero, WhatTickaWhat, and everyone else supporting this arduous journey I am on. I felt like giving up so many times not just in this debt but in life, but BELIEVE ME, sometimes someone just needs support to get through whatever troubles and obstacles in life they are facing.

I am doing Ok, the best I can and still have an upbeat outlook on everything. I still haven't thrown in the towel and never intend to. I commited my mind to doing this even with the odds and most individuals against me saying its impossible. I made this commitment to myself plus any others to show hope, plus had to prove everyone wrong lol, I said I will not break unless I pass away which I don't intend to yet, but no one knows when their last day may be. I take everything day by day and just enjoy watching nature, the moon and stars and really appreciate the small things in life now. I also walk when I can which helps alot.

I am still chugging away, with nothing to my name on my air mat and ramen noodle pbNJ diet, but I feel good and I am down to roughly 35k range now from about 112-115k or so I was in back in Feb-March 2019.

I did have a couple of missed payments only because I had to pay some medical bills, but everything still reports as 99% percent of payments made on time. I am going to say by Dec 30th 2021 I will have emerged from this in less than 3yrs, maybe sooner but you never know what life will throw at you, and will have my emergency good amount of savings fund still intact, but only if nature allows. I never take a day for granted anymore.

I Still am working my butt off, lots of side jobs/hustles, I have managed to save a bit just incase of emergency, but feel much more at peace now in this home stretch for me after this and medical issues, now appreciating all the small things I see in life and really know how fortunate and blessed I am in this life. Maybe that steak dinner will be coming soon!!!.

If anyone needs advice, or help please ask.

Again I am not on here very often but if anyone needs help I may be able to assist, and as I said before don't ever count me out. I will keep everyone updated when I can, and I WILL finish this granted I stay alive.

Have A Great Day I WISH the BEST to EVERYONE!!!  HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL.

Message 45 of 81
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous awesome!!!!  Glad you're so upbeat and kicking that debt in the butt. What a journey and thanks for sharing and coming on and updating.  So you're down to 35k, if I could pat you on the back I would.  You've stuck to it and now you're turning the corner. Gotta feel good.

Hope you are feeling better whatever it is that has jumped on you and hope you continue getting well and staying well. 

You're a great inspiration for many and many more to read your journey in the future. When you do pay off that last penny please let us know so we may celebrate with you.  Like you, we may be dealing with some kind of debt, some way more than others and for them to be able to read your story of determination helps to prove where there's a will there's a way.   Health first, everything else follows in the order you make it.  Thanks for updating and HAPPY HOLIDAYS back at ya!!!!

Message 46 of 81
Save-n-Invest
Established Contributor

@Anonymous ,

So good to see you! Smiley Happy It's always a special day when you post. I think of you frequently and hope you are well and content. 

Your determnation is remarkable. I do wish you consider having that steak dinner soon. You deserve it for all your hard work and honesty.

Be well, be safe and please post back when you have time.

Warmest regards

Message 47 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats @Anonymous , very happy to hear that you're still at it and still cutting down the debt. What you've already done is jaw-dropping and I definitely look forward to your post stating that it's done and you're debt-free. 

Seriously man, amazing job doing this. Do take care of yourself though. Don't get yourself worn down and susceptible to sickness, especially heading into winter. Keep us updated - we are definitely cheering you on!

Message 48 of 81
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous  Thank you for sharing your update. Myself as I am sure many others are amazed at your progress. You definitely are in the home stretch as you have said. You are only a little over a year to go based on your goal date. Take pride in your achievements. You have a lot of discipline and are on your way to overcome that monstrous debt.

As mentioned up thread, take care of yourself. Health should be a priority. Have a good meal once in a while. Ramen noodles or Cup Noodles may be a good way for cost savings. Maybe mix it up in a while? How to upgrade cup of noodles with luxurious toppings

Message 49 of 81
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous here's a little Christmas wish just for you.  Don't laugh...too hard. Smiley Tongue

Hope your day is Merry & Bright, hope you're sleeping warm & cozy at night.

Hope you'll take that break, go eat a fat Steak and enjoy a brew or two!   

Merry Christmas Christmas Tree GIF - MerryChristmas ChristmasTree Gifts GIFs  | Merry christmas gif, Merry christmas animation, Merry christmas pictures

Merry Christmas and post back sometime soon!  

We lHeartve your updates!

Message 50 of 81
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.