Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge difference between credit check total and fico scores

tag
Fitzgibbons
New Contributor

Huge difference between credit check total and fico scores

So, i got an alert from CCT the other day saying my experian fico score jumped from 654 to 681...

Then today i ordered a report from this site, and it still says its 654....

Anyone have any idea whats going on?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Huge difference between credit check total and fico scores

Sounds like the typical case of one avenue using the most recent information and the other didn't, for whatever reason.

Message 2 of 5
Fitzgibbons
New Contributor

So it probably is 681?
Message 3 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Fitzgibbons wrote:
Then today i ordered a report from this site, and it still says its 654....

What does "ordered a report" specifically mean?  If you made a new purchase today it should be up to date.  However, if you already had monitoring and just logged in then it's possible that myFICO may have not updated.

myFICO is a trigger based service.  myFICO only updates when there is activity that is a trigger.  Not all activity with a scoring impact is a trigger.  If you're relying on myFICO monitoring then make sure you're aware of what is and what isn't a trigger.  myFICO's triggers are a very common topic so don't overlook prior discussions as a resource as well.

http://myfico.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/463/~/understanding-what-triggers-fico%C2%AE-3-bu...

CCT, on the other hand, has fixed update intervals.

@Fitzgibbons wrote:
So it probably is 681?

Not probably.  It is your EX FICO 8 as of the date that the score was generated for CCT.

Message 4 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Seems more of the typical scenario where one update is delayed vs the other. I don't use myfico, but tend to hear they can be slow in updating at times.

However, I do use CCT, and it usually is almost to the day, most times.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.