Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge score drop after 3B Ultimate upgrade

tag
StartingOver7
Valued Member

Huge score drop after 3B Ultimate upgrade

So disappointed right now.  I've been watching my scores steadily climb since I paid down a large amount of utilization.  I had just received an alert that my EQ went up from 714 to 734 after another account reported a decrease in utilization (up overall from the high 600s a couple weeks ago so naturally I was ecstatic).  So I decided to upgrade to see my other score versions (mortgage/auto).  Instant drop of -38 points to 696 EQ.  Wow.  I combed over my report...nothing that would indicate such a massive score drop.  

I just lost all faith in the MyFico alert reporting system. Super bummed. Smiley Sad 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Re: Huge score drop after 3B Ultimate upgrade

Your FICO08 Score should be the same one you see as when alerts are triggered. The 3B report only updates all of the additional FICO versions at the time you pull the new 3B report. 

It took me some time to realize that all of my other scores were not changing in relation to my 08 score. And, my mortgage score is 30-40 points of my 08 score.

Are you saying EQ 08 score dropped 38 points or a different version of the FICO score?

Message 2 of 7
StartingOver7
Valued Member

@Appleman wrote:

Your FICO08 Score should be the same one you see as when alerts are triggered. The 3B report only updates all of the additional FICO versions at the time you pull the new 3B report. 

It took me some time to realize that all of my other scores were not changing in relation to my 08 score. And, my mortgage score is 30-40 points of my 08 score.

Are you saying EQ 08 score dropped 38 points or a different version of the FICO score?

Yes, my EQ 08 score dropped 38 points.  I had an alert showing a +20 point increase to 734.  Literally within minutes, I decided to upgrade and suddenly my EQ 08 score is 696.  Mind you, it had been trending up and had been in the 700s for 2 weeks according to my alerts based on the standard 3B monitoring.

Message 3 of 7
StartingOver7
Valued Member

FullSizeRender.jpg

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check for updates over the next day or two usually after an alert of a score change you will receive a second one that explains the reason for the change.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you ever find out what it was?

I've had a recent FICO drop of 6 points with one card and 10 points with another card in one month period.  And that is with no new inquiries, nothing late, same 2 cards reporting an even lower balance, and an overall drop in util from 3% to 1%.  Weird stuff.

It could just be a glitch and maybe it'll bounce up even higher next month.

Message 6 of 7
tjmolly
Regular Contributor

I recently have been working on reducing utilization and paid a CC down from $3 balance, yes $3 balance to a $0 balance and saw an instant 10pts DROP in my score.  Get used to it.  The My FICO scoring system was developed to irritate the crapola out of us, not help us.  Like the other score website who score you some 20-50pts lower than FICO, it's all about the $$$$.  If they get you to think your credit sucks, you will hit the link for help for credit repair, etc. and they get paid and laugh all the way to the bank.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.