Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Think i getting free credit cards? lol

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I Think i getting free credit cards? lol

Heres the situation,  I had amex in 2008 -2014, closed account. Amex  was on  my credit report till October 2018, in good standings.  Thats when i reappled,and got accepted for the skymiles , gold , and cash magnet  cards in one day(10/2018) .  Amex then took the old account off  my credit reports.

So one day in december the new accounts (all 3) showed up only on equifax. , 2weeks later i ran a report of eq, and NOW there gone. Its been almost 4 months and still not showing.

Funny thing cards came , got all the perks and such, spent 5k on each card,paid them all off.

amex calls (says ,,,,,,im a new customer one day and were just monitoring your spending , then welcome member since 2008, would u like to upgrade  on other days )

then amex says my member date was wrong, and that there sending new cards out  with member since 2008 on those cards

havent received them (cardS) its been 3 months

what going on!!!!!!!!! confused

ps when they took the old accout off it dropped score 80 points , but i have gained 45  points since october !!!!!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I Think i getting free credit cards? lol

Was that ~10 year old account from 2008 your oldest?  If so, what's your next oldest account?  Where are you getting your credit score from?

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

it was , from 2008 - till this yr, (2018)  I used cash for everything,

, everything came off credit last year  all the good stuff 

Wells fargo credit card, is my oldest now 2yrs

funny thing , when those cards hit briefly for those 2 weeks, i got a letter from wells fargo trying to get me a personal loan and about 30 junk mail credit card flyers, smh!!!!!!!

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

if your AoOA dropped from > 10 years to 2 years a significant score drop is definitely possible.

Again, where are you getting your score?
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

credit karma

experian  and equfax

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The credit karma scores can be ignored because they are not FICO scores.

The Experian and Equifax scores you're referring to may be meaningful ones but it depends on the scoring model which can usually be found in the fine print somewhere near where the score is displayed.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Strange  credit karma  ,equafax ,and Experian are all most the same scores.  1 point difference between them in each report 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Again, it depends on the scoring models.  A number in and of itself is meaningless unless you know where it's coming from.  The CK scores are from the VS 3.0 model, which is unmeaningful.  You'd have to look at the EX/EQ scores you're talking about and find out what scoring model they're from if you'd like to know whether or not they're worthwhile.  Unless you see the word "FICO" present, I'd ignore the scores.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.