cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am having to move to different locations for my company and need advice about my addresses?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having to move to different locations for my company and need advice about my addresses?

I am building my company and I am expanding and I am actually moving to each location to run and manage it. I will be moving probably 3 or more times in the next 3 years. My issue is that I have cleaned my credit report to only have my address now on it and thats it. I know if you recieve mail for a CC or bill at an address the CB's will NOT remove it from your credit. I was wondering what the best way to get around this? I was thinking I would make sure I was paperless on all accounts and then do a mail forwarding to my business each time that way I am not showing multiple addresses on my reports. Any advice would be appreciated? Thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I am having to move to different locations for my company and need advice about my addresses?

@Anonymous wrote:

I am building my company and I am expanding and I am actually moving to each location to run and manage it. I will be moving probably 3 or more times in the next 3 years. My issue is that I have cleaned my credit report to only have my address now on it and thats it. I know if you recieve mail for a CC or bill at an address the CB's will NOT remove it from your credit. I was wondering what the best way to get around this? I was thinking I would make sure I was paperless on all accounts and then do a mail forwarding to my business each time that way I am not showing multiple addresses on my reports. Any advice would be appreciated? Thanks

I do not know this to be true.  I have had old addresses deleted before, addresses which were accurate in the sense that I had really lived there at some point in the past and which undoubtedly the CRAs had because some creditor had reported it.  I just didn't like having 15 addresses on my reports.

What may be practically difficult is getting an address removed if a creditor has reported it in the last three months (and also has not reported a different address since then).  When I asked for an address to be deleted it was because I hadn't lived there in a very long time.  I also always tossed the CRAs a bone and permitted them to have an accurate "current address" and an accurate "last address" (I never tried to get the last one purged).

You could just wait till this three year period is over, and then get your addresses deleted then.  (Though I'd wait till they are definitely old.)

Alternatively, I think your idea of going paperless is fine, though your creditors will still want an address and you'll need to be sure you have the address you like with all your creditors.  But sure, the best way to fix a problem is to prevent it from happening in the first place.  Still, I am unsure how you can be confident that the bureaus will never get any of these temporary addresses.  Presumably you'll have utilities in your own name at these new addresses, which in turn may get reported to Lexis Nexis and thence to the Big Three.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.