Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am in serious need of help! I have 30 days to get from a 580 to a 620

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am in serious need of help! I have 30 days to get from a 580 to a 620

Ok I will explain my situation as quickly as possible. I have been trying to fix my credit for about a year now and actually it will be one year in May. I opened up two credit cards last May one has a $375 limit and one $450.00. I am an AU on my mother's Discover card, did not even know it was on my report until I pulled it and it is only on TU which I believe is helping my score. Other than that I have two charges offs from Capital One that are scheduled to come off my report in December 2009, I have on judgement from Capital One that is being report on EX and TU. I have another judgement from Capital One on EX filed 5/1/02. Would that come off on 5/1/09?? Currently my score is 580. I have an opportunity to by a house under a special housing program, I was on a list and I was not supposed to come up until next year but they called me yesterday so I am panicked. I have 30 days to get from a 580 to a 620.

This is what I am doing, I paid both my my cc's down to under $20.00. They were both at about $200.00. My mother put me on yesterday as an authorized user on a capital one card and a sears card both have been open for like 20 years with zero balances. I am going to the courthouse Monday to file to vacate the Judgement, I will try to work it out with Cap One to agree to pay if they agree to remove. If I pay down the cards, get the judgement vacated and if the authorized user accounts show up on my reports (how long does this usually take?), would this even be a possibility? Also should the 5/1/02 judgement come off May 2009? Should I pull my report on 5/1 and dispute it if it is still there? I was hoping to have more time for this, I completely understand that increasing your credit score is something you do over time. When I started this  I was in the 400's, so I have come up 100 points in a year and I was hoping for the same in another year. Also would I see any increase in May as the two accounts opened last year will now be a year old? However one of them transferred to another bank in December 08, so the initial account is closed with a zero bal and it now shows a new account with a different bank as of Dec 08.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I am in serious need of help! I have 30 days to get from a 580 to a 620

Depending on what your current utilization is, paying both cards down to under $20 may or may not help your score.

It won't help until it is updated, that is for sure.

Same with the AU accounts, they won't affect score until they get reported.

As for the judgment filed in 5/2002, it should be removed in May this year, however I wouldn't dispute if not gone on May 1, you may actually delay the removal until the dispute has finished.

Where did you get your scores?

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I am in serious need of help! I have 30 days to get from a 580 to a 620

The $375.00 card had a balance of $193.00 and the $450.00 card had a balance of $200.00. I just paid each down to $20.00. My scores are from My Fico. Unfortunately I can no longer access my EX score but last time it was about ten points lower than the other two. I subscribe to True Credit, I do not pay attention to their scores but if there are any changes on my reports I can pull my scores here.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.