Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am on the process of writing GW and PFD..need help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am on the process of writing GW and PFD..need help

I am on the process of writing GW letters for my CC comapnies and  PFD for some CAs, the problem is I don't know to whom I should write these letters, It would be greatly appreciated if you would help me in directing me to the correct departments that handle these kind of letters ..

Thanks in Advance Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I am on the process of writing GW and PFD..need help

Duke - Devil, I'm a UNC fan, but I'll still give you quality advice.

I'd send DV letters to the CAs first, then send PFDs if you are happy with the results. I address mine generically to "whom it may concern" or "sir or madam". I use the address listed on the CR for mailing purposes for both, but I will vary contact addresses, if possible, for PFDs if I don't get the response I'm looking for.

I send GWs the same way. I start with the address on the CR, then bump to other contact addresses if the first letters don't work. I don't send it to anyone in particular. Last step would be to send to corp. heads from info I find on their website.
Message 2 of 4
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Dukey, llecs gave you quality advice. There is one thing that I would add though. Find out what your state's SOL is and the DOFD/DOLA of the debts in question. If you are past SOL, you are in good shape to DV. If you are close to SOL coming up, then let the sleeping dogs lie. Other than that, DV first before PFD.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well Hellllllo UNC fan ! great advice. I truley appreciate your help Smiley Happy

And

ByrdMan... I appreciate your help and I will check on my state's SOL as advised..

Thanks everyone

Message Edited by duke-devil on 03-12-2008 07:21 PM
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.