Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot believe what Dell has done

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I cannot believe what Dell has done

About three weeks ago I called Dell and requested a cli.  I asked them if they checked my cp and they said no that it was just an internal qualification because I already had an account with them.  I was approved for the cli and when I checked my cp with experian there was a hard inquiry.  I immediately called them and told them that they did not have my permission to check my cp.  They stated that they would remove the inquiry.  Well, I checked today and they deleted the tradeline instead of the inquiry.  That is over 3 years of history and perfect payments gone.  I called them and they said that was the only way to remove an inquiry.  So now I am waiting to here back from some higher ups.  I'll let you all no.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I cannot believe what Dell has done

As long as you have a credit account with a TL whether it is in good standing, baddie, open, closed with a balance, charge off with a balance or collections........they have your consent to do a inquiry anytime they like. Most of the time, they pull a soft inquiry.

Downside: Once a positve-good standing report has been removed, the CRA has no obligation to re-report it. If Dell agree's to correct the mistake, then the CRA can re-report the account. However if you pissed them off when you called them back about the hard inquiry, then they are getting even with you.

It is always better to bite your tounge-kiss ass and suckup. I think it always depends on who you are talking with, if they are having a bad hair day you pay the price-whether it's right or wrong. Those are the kind of people that need to be fired.

Hopefully you can get it straighten out...GOOD LUCK Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I cannot believe what Dell has done

If the account is still open and active, I would imagine it would report again at the same time of the month that it normally does.  
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.