cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I disputed with Collection Agency, and now it says account was canceled?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I disputed with Collection Agency, and now it says account was canceled?

I had a letter from a collection agency for a credit card debt. So, I filed a dispute with that collection agency, and that collection agency in turn sent me a letter stating that the account was recalled, closed the file, and terminated collection action. What does this mean? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I disputed with Collection Agency, and now it says account was canceled?

Recalled means the account went back to the credit card company and is not with them,  terminated collection means just that they will not do any collection efforts. 

This is all a very good thing. The credit card company is free to do whatever they want with this.  Sometimes they just go away and sometimes they come back with a different collection agency.  I have seen both happen. Just monitor your credit report.  Many credit card debts that are past due get sold to junk debt buyers for 5 to 10 cents on the dollar.  Junk debt buyers usually will not have complete records even if they take it to court they usually cannot supply proof if challenged in court. There are entire forums deaing with this. The important thing is not to let them get a default judgement and watch all their paperwork for added fees not allowed in the credit card  agreement. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.