Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I do not understand! My score dropped today 18pts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do not understand! My score dropped today 18pts

I do not understand!  I dispute this account because it said it was a settlement and I do not remember that it was a settlement, I called and they said that it was a balance of 600.00.  We sold a house and we paid whatever they told us to pay in the payoff.  Why points went down if the information is basically the same.  It is a judgment and is in my credit and my husband.  The account is with Beneficial (HSBC) and the total amount was around 9,000.00

Previously reported Newly reported Balance:
was $0 now $0 Past due: was Not on Record now Not on Record Status: wasPays account as agreed nowPays account as agreed Last activity:was 8/1/2006  now 8/1/2006

Description:

was:  Settlement accepted on this account

now:  Settlement accepted on this account
Closed or Paid Account/Zero Balance
Home equity

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I do not understand! My score dropped today 18pts

My only guess would be that the status changed from "pays as agreed" to "closed" which probably weighs in differently on your score.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Contact HSBC. Have them correct it and at the same time have them send you a fax or letter stating that is in error in case you need to dispute should they fail to correct.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.  I called HSBC and they said to call the lawyers handling the judgment and the lawyers told me to call HSBC that they are not reporting anything to my credit.  I will start calling tomorrow.  I have a satisfaction release of judgment for the total amount.  Does that proof it was not a settlement?   
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.