Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I give up. FRUSTRATED!

tag
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I give up. FRUSTRATED!

As long as you are not in danger with the hospital collection, I would not worry much.  Be sure to get something on their letterhead once it is paid in full though.  With the collection reporting on EQ, since it's reporting as PIF, the only thing you could hope for is a successful GW letter.  No guarantees obviously.  When do you believe it will fall off anyway.  Also, I was thinking you could dispute some of your inq's but it sounds as though all of them had pp, so I will not advise you to do so.  With your decent FICO EQ score and no inq's (or very few), this paid collection is killing you.  The GW letter is really your only shot.  By the way, I found the website I recommended to you very useful and quite accurate.
Message 31 of 56
ktl55
Regular Contributor

the hospital bill I'm paying now is not a collection account. the bill is only 1 month old and I started paying it right after the insurance paid their portion

the one that is on my cr I will send a goodwill letter. do I send it to the ca or the oc? if it's the oc I doubt they will budge because they acted ignorant to the idea of deleting something that already went to collections.
Message 32 of 56
ktl55
Regular Contributor

sorry fused I forgot to the answer the date question - the collection item on equ is only from 2005. I have a long way to goooooooo
Message 33 of 56
fused
Moderator Emeritus

ktl55 wrote:
the hospital bill I'm paying now is not a collection account. the bill is only 1 month old and I started paying it right after the insurance paid their portion

the one that is on my cr I will send a goodwill letter. do I send it to the ca or the oc? if it's the oc I doubt they will budge because they acted ignorant to the idea of deleting something that already went to collections.

Is the CA or OC reporting it?
Message 34 of 56
ktl55
Regular Contributor

the ca is reporting it. do they contact the oc when you send a gw ltr to get approval to remoe it?
Message 35 of 56
JuliaPR
Established Member

Capital One is good. http://www.capitalone.com/
Message 36 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep us updated on your progress. Smiley Happy

Rob
Message 37 of 56
ktl55
Regular Contributor

thank rob I will - that you to eveyone else on the board for advice and suggestions

Message 38 of 56
ktl55
Regular Contributor

Juliapr,

I'm NOT applying for cap1 card. I'm an au on my husbands and that is the last card I want becuase of the tl issue but thanks for the suggestion.
Message 39 of 56
ktl55
Regular Contributor

my husband just added me as an au on the kay jeweler card - it was opened in 1994 - do I need another tl or will this be good enough?
Message 40 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.