Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I give up. FRUSTRATED!

tag
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I give up. FRUSTRATED!

ktl55 wrote:
I wrote a good willletter last night. Even if I get it deleted I'm still going to run into the same problem................short credit history. I'm hoping that my husband adding me as an au on kay (account opened in 1994) will make a differenct. It't crazy because I keep getting denied because of a short credit history but how am I supposed to get history is no one will give me credit. I can't get a cc but I bet I can get a mortgage or a car with my cr and score..................doesn't make sense.

I know it!  Sometimes no credit or lack of credit (in your case cc history) is worse than bad credit.  Just remember the AU is only a temporary fix, starting this Sept AU's will no longer have the same benefits in FICO scoring.
Message 51 of 56
gacma
New Visitor

Have you tried any other card providers or do you have your heart set on WAMU? You could try the HSBC card selector on their website. It pulls a soft on EX and prequalifies you for one their cards. If you do apply after the offer they pull a hard. It is not a guaranteed approval but most people have had good success. You also may want to look at the Hooters Mastercard (Merrick Bank TU puller), they rarely deny people, but may require an AF.
Message 52 of 56
ktl55
Regular Contributor

I've tried amex and kay jewelers both denied me. I was advised to try amex even though I'm not a fan of theirs. I'm just trying to get a cc so I have...........well whatever it is that more cc cards will do for my cr/history and score.
Message 53 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know if this will help you any...and I didn't read thru your entire thread since it was so long--so someone else may have already suggested it...why don't you apply for a "Hooter's Mastercard"?  While I was rebuilding my credit, they were the first ones who gave me a pretty decent credit limit ($8000)...and it's also a rewards card too.  They pulled TU and I'm pretty sure they're basically just score based.  Your scores are higher than mine were when I applied for this card.  Good luck!!  Smiley Happy
Message 54 of 56
ktl55
Regular Contributor

thanks jennntx;

I'm going to wait until my payment on my cc updates on my cr. then I'll try another card. I will take your advice and try hooters. I think tuscani suggested that as well. but when I applied for kay and was denied I got discourage. thank you to EVERYONE who's offered advice and encouragement.
Message 55 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fused111 wrote:

@ktl55 wrote:
I wrote a good willletter last night. Even if I get it deleted I'm still going to run into the same problem................short credit history. I'm hoping that my husband adding me as an au on kay (account opened in 1994) will make a differenct. It't crazy because I keep getting denied because of a short credit history but how am I supposed to get history is no one will give me credit. I can't get a cc but I bet I can get a mortgage or a car with my cr and score..................doesn't make sense.

I know it! Sometimes no credit or lack of credit (in your case cc history) is worse than bad credit. Just remember the AU is only a temporary fix, starting this Sept AU's will no longer have the same benefits in FICO scoring.

I wonder if her husband could add her as a joint holder on the card intead of an au. They would have to contact her to get permission, but it would solve the problem of aus not counting starting Sept.
Message 56 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.