Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got my clearance back!!!

tag
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I got my clearance back!!!

Due to what I have learned from this site, I have had at least 6 items removed from my CR. The ones I do owe I have been paying on. My commander saw I was working hard to clean up my credit and that some of the baddies came about due to extenuating circumstances. He returned my clearance with a stern warning that in a year he will check my CR again and there should be no new items. Talk about a big relief. I am not quitting either. I pull my CR everyday to make sure nothing else pops up. Thanks to all of you.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I got my clearance back!!!

congrats-
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

and some of us obsess only about scores and utilization. puts the fico factor in a whole other prespective when your tush is literally on the line.

way to go!
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

great job! thats why I'm woring harder on DHs credit report, so he can gain a higher security clearance.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great job G!
DH is cleared, but getting ready to retire. YAY!.. I never knew how important credit is to so many people til I married him!

-ivyalmighty
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

wtgggggggggggggggggg  you worked hard on your CR    gl with the rest!
Message 6 of 10
atlastontheroad
Established Contributor

WoooHooo!!!!!  Congratulations!

atlast....feeling a little guilty about obsessing about this stuff for the shallow purpose of financing a new-ish car in three months or so...

Ficos 2/17/08: TU 551 EQ 534 EX 587
Ficos 2/12/09 TU 695 EQ 715 EX 715
Fico...4/15/10....drumroll.....EQ 743
Message 7 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Thanks all. I am now obsessing also. Not only to remain another 2 1/2 years for a full retirement, but now I realize how important your credit really is. For lots of reasons. And I might add, again, this site is awesome. I tell everyone at work this site and the people on it are the reason for getting my credit on the mend.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Job!
Oh What a Relief!
yes, I was concerned...and your Commander has 'common sense'. - stay clean!!!!!
Message 9 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Staying clean is not going to be a problem. All payments for my bills are automatic or by allotment. I can't be late that way. 4 more accounts will drop off this year and I am making payments on the ones that are still within SOL. Everything should be paid off by this time next year, if not sooner. I DO NOT want to go through this again. Almost 9 months of not knowing. Again, thanks all.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.