I have to max out CC’s for Emergency - need advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I have to max out CC’s for Emergency - need advice

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The emergency doesn’t include hospitals or doctors. 🙁

To help you more...what is the emergency?  Bail?...bonding someone out?  You mentioned the value of your house, so do you need advice in that issue?  If not, what exactly is your emergency (only if you are comfortable to explain...but someone, somewhere has "been there; done that")

Oh dear ... no not bail!  LOL

Highly complicated to explain in detail, but short version is: I need to relocate to one of my children who is in a medical crisis.  They have absolutely no one else to help.

From East coast to West coast.  Also will need to purchase couch to sleep on, have apt cleaned (trust me, I can’t possibly live there unless this is done). Hotel costs while cleaning is done and until couch is delivered, a proper supply of food, towels, etc.

Of course, cost of traveling to West coast, hotels, gas and car rental.

Message 21 of 33
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

To help you more...what is the emergency?  Bail?...bonding someone out?  You mentioned the value of your house, so do you need advice in that issue?  If not, what exactly is your emergency (only if you are comfortable to explain...but someone, somewhere has "been there; done that")

Highly complicated to explain in detail, but short version is: I need to relocate to one of my children who is in a medical crisis.  They have absolutely no one else to help.

Okay, good...not someone "pressing" you but so sorry it's a medical crisis, which I originally thought- although not your own.  Tho' not your medical crisis, there may be some sort of work around with the distribution of $/medical bills....idk, but now someone is liable to chime in to give further assistance.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 22 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

i would LOVE help in that area!  We own a really old house on 1 1/2 acres of land,  outside of a remote town.  The house is unlivable, so we live in 2 tiny houses on property.  Tiny houses aren’t finished.  So we’ve not even tried for HELOC or HEL, because there is NO way the house will pass.

I think I’d consider walking away from the land, if I could get anything decent for it.  The other big problem is, I have to go to my son ASAP., so not really any time to look not things.

Message 23 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Okay, good...not someone "pressing" you but so sorry it's a medical crisis, which I originally thought- although not your own.  Tho' not your medical crisis, there may be some sort of work around with the distribution of $/medical bills....idk, but now someone is liable to chime in to give further assistance.

No medical bills are involved.  Money is needed for relocation and to cover things as stated in my last reply to you.  His medical expenses are covered .... thank goodness!

Message 24 of 33
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Is there a policy or medicaid/medicare that could help?  Have you or DS spoken with col/caretakers?  idk, just trying to brainstorm...it seems like there are ways but not always. ie. what if he moved to where you are instead?  I just don't know but perhaps you could contact an office (ins. provider) to see if there is any coverage one way or the other.  Hope you find some answers and help.  All the best to your DS and you.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 25 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know the exact specifics for any of the following organizations, so you may have to research on your on based on your location.

Google can be your friend in searching for just about anything.

Local Churches - They often help out fellow members, or family of members

Slavation Army - Can help with a wide range if services due to hardships

HUD - Situation specific so you'll need to explain it to them

Hopelink - never heard of them, but they cam up in a google search

Message 26 of 33
TheConstant
Regular Contributor

What about a Land Equity Loan? While you may not have value in your home, there surely is value in 1-1.5 acres of land. You just will likely get capped at 35% of value in a loan. Even then, you likely won't need to collateralize that much.

Goal Score:800

[ AmEx Blue Cash Preferred - $34500 ]
[ Chase Sapphire Reserve - $22400 ]
[ BofA Unlimited Cash Rewards - $31000 ]
[ BofA Cash Rewards - $18000 ]
[ Citi AAdvantage Platinum - $15000 ]
[ Chase Freedom Flex - $12000 ]
[ Cap. One QS - $7800 ]
[ Cap. One QS - $7000 ]
[ AmEx EveryDay Preferred - $5000 ]
[ Discover IT - $4500 ]
Message 27 of 33
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

First off, prayers going out for your son and situation.

Please realize, if you're coming to California, everything is more expensive here, especially the SF Bay area. Things like hotels and rental cars are going to add up in a hurry. Just as a cost saving measure, I'd recommend looking into AirBnB for accommodations and possibly public transit while using Uber or Lyft occasionally if necessary. I'd hate for things go from bad to worse due to unforeseen expenses and possibly running out of financial options.
Message 28 of 33
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Something seems oddly familiar about this story....

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 29 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update:  

I was able to pay for the rental car without using a CC.  

I’ll be able to put $1,600 back onto the CC’s I use, every month.

I was able to obtain $1,000 from my credit union, which will pay for food and gas.

I’ll still need to use CC’s for hotels and what I’ll need at my sons, but it looks more manageable now.  

Thank you you all for your concern and suggestions.

Diana

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.