Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just dont get it!!!!confused HELP

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just dont get it!!!!confused HELP

Okay I pulled my credit and my scores went up alote since a few weeks ago.

Old scores
Ex 582
EQ 515
Trans 520

New Scores
EX 652
EX 568
Trans546

I tryed to apply for some credit cards and they all (sorry we will mail you a letter within 30 days)

I have paid everything that was a charge-off and Judgement and kept my account current every month> I did open a secured BOA and only use 9 percent of 500.00 and pay if off each month

This is what is on my report

HSBC  date opened 3/2000 bal $0.00          Account Transferred to another office

Cap One Bk   date opened 8/2001 bal 0.00  Paid account/ws a charge off

Bank of America date opened 6/07 bal 0
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I just dont get it!!!!confused HELP

wolf69 wrote:
Okay I pulled my credit and my scores went up alote since a few weeks ago.

Old scores
Ex 582
EQ 515
Trans 520

New Scores
EX 652
EX 568
Trans546

I tryed to apply for some credit cards and they all (sorry we will mail you a letter within 30 days)

I have paid everything that was a charge-off and Judgement and kept my account current every month> I did open a secured BOA and only use 9 percent of 500.00 and pay if off each month

This is what is on my report

HSBC  date opened 3/2000 bal $0.00          Account Transferred to another office

Cap One Bk   date opened 8/2001 bal 0.00  Paid account/ws a charge off

Bank of America date opened 6/07 bal 0

Which CCs did you apply for? Do you know which CRA's were pulled for each application?  
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for blue sky amex I heard they just pull experian, I also applied for chase, turned down and I applied for bp gas card aslo turned down.
 I have to judgements that are on my account  that are both paid.
tranUnion show one of them not being paid so Iam disputing it. Equifax reports just one and it shows paid and Experien show no judgements on the report.
Now I did have alote of stuff in collections and they are all paid off. I just dont know what else to do. Iam trying to get a few more cards. I will only use 9 percent of the bal. to bring up my scores>I need to refi my home soon. Iam just trying to up the scores Any suggestions? I dont want to keep applying and getting turned down. because it will lower my score.
Thanks alote
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

ps I did use "who gave me credit" I look at all the time.
Message 4 of 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Since your baddies are paid, all you can really hope for are successful GW letters. It's worth a shot!
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I send out GW letters asking them to remove the neg off of my credit report. I did send out some of them but have not heard anything yet. thanks for your help.
cathy
Message 6 of 9
ctjulie
Valued Member

just out of curiousity, who do you exactly send the GW letters to? the CRAs or to the actual credit card company? Still trying to figure all this out. Thanks Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

ctjulie wrote:
just out of curiousity, who do you exactly send the GW letters to? the CRAs or to the actual credit card company? Still trying to figure all this out. Thanks Smiley Happy

Send GW letter to the parties who are reporting the negatives that are paid. Not the CRA's. 
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent them out to capial one and countrywide, I also sent some of them out the the collection companys but have not hear anything yet. countrywide said no and I have not heard from capital one.
The collection companys have not yet to respond. Today I did send out a GW to tranUnion on seeing if they would remove the judgements.
thanks
Cathy
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.