cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance!

I opened my policy with my company 14 years ago when my credit was quite dicey. I knew that my credit score was a factor in my policy rate. The voices in my head told me to call them to get a new quote based on my newest credit - currently in the 690s for each. The rep did a SOFT pull on my account and she was able to reduce my 6-month premium by $219.01.

That was very exciting. Granted, there were a few other factors, some of which helped lower the bill. The biggest was my time with them. There was also the fact that I paid my bills on time each time. I suggest each of you here who had dicey credit when you opened your car insurance policy call them to have them review your premiums. Hopefully, you will get a big surprise like me.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance!

Congratulations on your reduction!
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats that's a money saver definitely. I plan to do the same thing once I return back home from being overseas.

Message 3 of 5
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Way to go Wings!! I switched my provider couple of months ago and saved about 50 a month!! 

I gotta discount also through Navy Federal. Check into your bank or CU for possible discounts. 

Happy your savin some cash!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 4 of 5
EverForward
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your insurance rate reduction.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.