cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm so confused - was ready to dispute something that I know think is actually helping my scores!

tag
DeeDee642
Valued Member

I'm so confused - was ready to dispute something that I know think is actually helping my scores!

Hi,

I noticed that ever since a new company had taken over servicing my mortgage (B.O.A.) that my mortgage was being reported twice on two credit reports. Once by the old mortgage servicing company and again by the new company. Therefore, it looked like my outstanding mortgage debt was closer to $220,000 rather than $110,000. I thought for sure this would be a negative and was going to do some research and then dispute. Well, my scores just went up like they have never jumped before - in a positive direction. Could this be having a positive effect?

Thanks,

Janice

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
bicknar
Regular Contributor

Re: I'm so confused - was ready to dispute something that I know think is actually helping my scores

Hi Dee Dee,

I'm guessing that this just happened recently?  My guess is that the first mortgage co. hasn't updated to a zero balance yet and for a short time it looks like you have tow positive accounts.  Not sure what the total mortgage amount was or what you owe on it now, but if you score went up, it may have been looking like your in great shape with two.   Enjoy it until the records are updated Smiley Wink 

I had the same scenario on my reoport.  The first mortgage co. is now reporting a zero balance and satisfactorally closed, and the new one continues to report just normal.  Unfortunately I wasn't monitoring my scores during the trasnsion so I'm just guessing here.

Hope this helps,

A

Starting Score: 556
Current Score: 672
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
KeepSwimming
Regular Contributor

Re: I'm so confused - was ready to dispute something that I know think is actually helping my scores

Hi DeeDee,

I agree with the above poster. Your old mortgage company hasn't reported the account closed yet.

This happened with my car loan recently. I sold one car and got another, so it showed two open accounts for a month...in my case, it hurt me. Once Nissan (lender for the car I sold) updated that it was paid in full to a $0 balance, my score went up, but it took them about 45 days to do it.

Starting Score: TU: 550 EQ: 556 (pulled 6/2010)
Current Score: (pulled 4/18/11) TU: 668(pulled 4/18/2011) EQ: 741
Goal Score: Above 700 on both

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Is B.O.A. reporting the same open date as the original mortgage lender ?

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.