Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need some advise, please........

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I need some advise, please........

What I would like to know is....

I have about 12 negative items on my credit.  9 of them are totally paid off and have been since 2000-2001.  They are all medical related.  The other 3 negative accounts are judgements that have been paid and are also medical.  How do I get these back to good standing?  Or off of my credit report.  I do not have any credit cards.  I can't get a credit card to improve my credit.  How do I legally improve my credit, if I can't raise my score, because I can't get the paid negative accounts off and I can't get new credit to show that I pay my bills on time now.  

Thank you!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I need some advise, please........

Have you tried getting a sub-prime credit card? You need to have CC's to show a recently good payment history. First, as I did, try getting a Chevron rebuilder credit card and pay in full each month and keep balance below 1-9%.
Message 2 of 6
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

kmm72471 wrote:
What I would like to know is....

I have about 12 negative items on my credit.  9 of them are totally paid off and have been since 2000-2001. 

Those should be dropping off your CR very soon - they should last only about 7 years
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't exactly know what a sub-prime credit card is. I have been afraid to apply for too credit cards and get declined. I don't want anymore negative marks on my credit, it is already poor. Thank you for the advise, anything else you would like to add would be appreciated.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should buy your FICO scores and see what they are so we can tell you what cards you will be able to apply for and actually get.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I bought my credit report & scores last night, I got all three credit reports, and thought I was getting all 3 scores, however I only got Equifax, which is 584.  I had previously gotten Experian, which is 564.  Do you have any suggestions for cards, with scores this bad?

Thank you for your help!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.