Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I "think" my credit union gives me my Experian score

tag
Xercien
Valued Member

I "think" my credit union gives me my Experian score

Not for sure if it is fico or plus though. Probably will call later. Bellco Credit Union in CO.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
TU - 663 Fico (04/03/11)
EQ - 654 Fico (04/03/11)
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
vish1
Valued Contributor

Re: I "think" my credit union gives me my Experian score

you mean something like a monthly score?

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 2 of 10
Xercien
Valued Member

Yep, along with my account tabs there is a tab for Credit Score. It just now populated it today. It is a lot lower then my plus score, from just a few months ago, which makes me think it is the fico.

TU - 663 Fico (04/03/11)
EQ - 654 Fico (04/03/11)
Message 3 of 10
vish1
Valued Contributor

@Xercien wrote:

Yep, along with my account tabs there is a tab for Credit Score. It just now populated it today. It is a lot lower then my plus score which makes me think it is the fico.

Looks like its FICO. Many credit unions do nice things like this. Like PSECU also gives you free EX fico score and DCU gives you free EQ fico scores. I am looking for a CU which will give me free TU fico score.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 4 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I'm in the process of updating the CMS thread to include places to get your FICO score for free or at a low costs. We all know about PSECU and DCU as mentioned, then there are others too like HSBC & Sears, and just learned my bank (M&T Bank) offers a monthly EQ FICO w/ the factors for $3 on your checking statements. It would be great to add some more.

I just called to confirm but the rep didn't know too much. She said they use EQ and EX and thought it was a quarterly offering. She said she knew about the offer and knew that they'll soft your CR for that, but didn't know if it was a FICO or FAKO. OP, if you know more, let us know!

Message 5 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you really pronounce fako and do people laugh at you when using that word?

Message 7 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How do you really pronounce fako and do people laugh at you when using that word?

I don't know about anyone else but I pronounce it FAKEO. 

Message 8 of 10
Xercien
Valued Member

They harded my Experian so I just assumed thats what it was.

TU - 663 Fico (04/03/11)
EQ - 654 Fico (04/03/11)
Message 9 of 10
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

I'm not a member of this CU, but it's definetly a score from Experian:

https://faqs.bellco.org/bellco/consumer/kbdetail.asp?kbid=641&SearchType=standard&referrer=&gpn=&Cus...

No way to tell from their knowledge base whether it's a Fico or not, though it appears as that they only update the score quarterly:

https://faqs.bellco.org/bellco/consumer/kbdetail.asp?kbid=787&SearchType=standard&referrer=&gpn=&Cus...

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.