Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I really hate first Premier

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I really hate first Premier

I had the same thing to happen to me. One of my Premier cards I had for 2 years with no increase. I went over the limit and they closed my card and when I inquired how to reopen the card they said they would send me a letter. Due to me trying to get a mortgage I would like to keep the 2 year tradeline.
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

>Collections should not matter. So long as it ain't AMEX.

DW and I have a paying on collection, so it keeps updating. She got $2000 on Delta, Green, and Oasis Optima with $1300.<

Then I am probably getting turned down for other reasons, most likely for too high debt to credit ratio and late payments but I can't figure out from where. I am suspecting its from one of my collection accounts because the one and only late payment that I know of was from 2 years ago for my school loan. 
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok now I really really hate First premier.  I got denied for Amex and high utilization came up on my denial and thats because my account is showing closed with the high balance. 
Message 13 of 14
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

chinadoll22 wrote:
I had the same thing to happen to me. One of my Premier cards I had for 2 years with no increase. I went over the limit and they closed my card and when I inquired how to reopen the card they said they would send me a letter. Due to me trying to get a mortgage I would like to keep the 2 year tradeline.

I just closed my 2 First Premier accounts with the oldest being 2 years old. First off if you can get approved for a better card do it. I was approved for an Airtran Airways Platinum Visa with a $1750 CL with a TU score of 604. Today I paid off both cards in full and canceled them. I did check my Credit reports and the new card is already showing on EX and Im sure they already sent info to both EQ and TU. As long as you close the account with a 0 balance and its in good shape it wont affect you much at all since the TL isnt that old. Also if you have something like a Student Loan thats reporting I wouldnt worry about the lengh of credit history.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.