cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was recently married and me and my husband have been di...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was recently married and me and my husband have been di...

I was recently married and me and my husband have been discussing added my to his CC.  I don't currently have one.  My score is around 634 and his is about 725 to 750.  How will this affect our credit scores if we do have my name added to his CC?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I was recently married and me and my husband have been di...

if he puts you on as an AU and the tl reports before the changes go into effect, it will probably boost your score if the account is in good standing. once the changes go into effect, you will lose the benefit of having that account. the good thing is that the anticipated score boost for you would qualify you for some better cc's than you would be eligible for now. you might want to search the forums to find a card that you might be eligible for, either now or even better after he adds you. getting some cc accounts of your own, and keeping them in good shape, will boost your score in the long run....i didnt know this until a couple of weeks ago.

Message Edited by dog on 06-26-2007 01:11 PM
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.