cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If my charged off account was sold. WHo should I contact...

tag
yoreljm
New Contributor

If my charged off account was sold. WHo should I contact...

If my charged off account was sold. WHo should I contact to have it removed? the original creditor or the new one to which the account was sold.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has the account been paid off.  Why do you think it shoul...

Has the account been paid off.  Why do you think it should be removed?  If you paid it with the previous collector you need a PIF letter from them. You can forward that with your dispute to the credit bureaus.
Message 2 of 3
yoreljm
New Contributor

I got a 1500 charge off with Wachovia because someone cas...

@Anonymous wrote:
Has the account been paid off. Why do you think it should be removed? If you paid it with the previous collector you need a PIF letter from them. You can forward that with your dispute to the credit bureaus.

I got the charge off with Wachovia, but Wachovia sold the account to RJM Aquisition. I settled with the RJM, new collector/creditor. If I want it deleted, who would I plead to? Wachovia or the new creditor?

I got a 1500 charge off with Wachovia because someone cashed bad checks on my account then skipped town. While I know that was not the bank's fault, it was not really mine either. But it has been screwing me over for 4 years now. I paid it as soon as i got out of college and was no longer dirt broke. I just want them to have a heart and delete it. As evidence that someone was messing with my identity, I included a copy of my checksystems report (the checking account version of credit report), which had signs of fraudulent activities around the time I got the overdraft that led to charge-off. It reported that an account was open with fake information! But, the information listed was mine. My argument was, if i did it, they could not cry "fraud", because the information would have been mine. I further argued that, even though this was not irrefutable evidence that i did not cause the Wachovia charge off, they should believe me because I've been willing to work with them. I said I did not want the settlement money back, I just wanted a delete. The MAX number of time charge off can screw you over is 7 yrs, but since I did not even do it, I think 4 years is adequate punishment! But, as NewWorldMan has said many times...they just want to rub it in your face for as long as possible!

Message Edited by yoreljm on 04-08-2007 06:25 AM

Message Edited by yoreljm on 04-08-2007 06:29 AM

Message Edited by yoreljm on 04-09-2007 09:41 PM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.