cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If my info stays the same how can the score be different?

tag
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: If my info stays the same how can the score be different?

very good, nay, excellent, post here on the subject.

Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 11 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

posterbob wrote:
It means I have obtained more than one and less than 3 copies of my score. You know what it means. This is a well known problem that has happened to many people. I would prefer to have someone answer the question rather than examine the post looking for syntactical errors. Thanks.

My question had nothing to do with a search for syntactical errors. It was a quest for more details.

For example, a statement such as, "I pulled my TU FICO score on 6/1 and again on 6/2 ..."

That I am not the only person to query you for more details says your first post was more than a bit vague. You reached a conclusion that FICO scoring is obviously flawed without even some rudimentary details as to what you did and when you did it.

If you don't have any more details, then recork the Two Buck Chuck as your wine has gone sour.
Message 12 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I pulled the score from this web site. I also acquired a copy from a mortgage broker who pulled it a day later. Nothing had changed. This is fact I saw it with my own 2 eyes.
I am not trying to ascertain what happened at that very moment. That would be impossible. If you like I can post quotes from others who have had the same thing happen to them. I know where to get a few thousand.
It seems like everyone on this forum are pretty hostile. To the people who are *^$$#$66 yourselves. To the people who offered suggestions and were polite thanks.
No one has attempted to answer the basic question which is are there any fixes made to the program? If you have to fix it it must be broken. If you sell the results of a program that is broken do you also advise or try to compensate the ones that are wrong? Simple, no need to get into FICO or FAKO or BAKO or any of that.
You are making battleships when a rowboat will do.

BTW A lot of you sound like you work for FICO? Seem to get pretty defensive when anyone questions you. If you are please let me know I would hate to waste my time. If you don't you're pretty knowledgeable about this stuff. Do you study it for pleasure?

Message Edited by posterbob on 07-05-2007 02:24 PM

Message Edited by posterbob on 07-05-2007 02:28 PM
Message 13 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@posterbob wrote:
I pulled the score from this web site. I also acquired a copy from a mortgage broker who pulled it a day later. Nothing had changed. This is fact I saw it with my own 2 eyes.
I am not trying to ascertain what happened at that very moment. That would be impossible. If you like I can post quotes from others who have had the same thing happen to them. I know where to get a few thousand.
It

Several possibilities come to mind. First, something may have changed. Second, maybe you and the mortgage broker pulled from different CRAs. Third, you may have pulled FICO while the broker pulled FAKO (or visa-versa if you didn't pull from Fair-Isaac).
Message 14 of 37
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

TheNewWorldMan wrote:

Several possibilities come to mind. First, something may have changed. Second, maybe you and the mortgage broker pulled from different CRAs. Third, you may have pulled FICO while the broker pulled FAKO (or visa-versa if you didn't pull from Fair-Isaac).

Fourth,

Message 15 of 37
SoulSmilen
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@posterbob wrote:
It

Also, there are different FICO scoring models used for different lenders - the choice is theirs to use the 'standard' FICO or an enhanced score. CC enhanced score for CCs, auto enhanced for auto loans, etc.

It's not a conspiracy, have no fear!  Smiley Happy
Message 16 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@posterbob wrote:
It seems like everyone on this forum are pretty hostile. To the people who are *^$$#$66 yourselves. To the people who offered suggestions and were polite thanks.
No one has attempted to answer the basic question which is are there any fixes made to the program? If you have to fix it it must be broken. If you sell the results of a program that is broken do you also advise or try to compensate the ones that are wrong? Simple, no need to get into FICO or FAKO or BAKO or any of that.
You are making battleships when a rowboat will do.

Message Edited by posterbob on 07-05-2007 02:24 PM

Did you not read most of the posts prior to this one? Seems like everyone was asking you for more details.

FICO / FAKO scores

Different scores from different CRAs, or same CRA different times, if same CRAs, how much time between.

If you pulled FICO scores from this site, and you Mortgage Broker pulled them the same day, did you both pull them from the same CRA?

Did you know that Mortgage companies can score the exact same report differently, as they use a "mortgage enhanced" score (or something like that)

You seem to come on here oozing hostility, and it seems as though everyone has tried to get you to give more info, so your questions can be answered to the best of our abilities.

"Is this BOBKELLY in disguise?"

Settle down and post some more info so we can help you.
Message 17 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I did. People are calling me a TROLL. A Troll is someone who frequents dark caves etc. I would consider someone who spends all their time on a forum like this attacking new people who post their first question a TROLL. If you view 30,000 of the messages on here you need to get a life.
Or is this some kind of tactic to ridicule me so people won't answer me or take me seriously?
This is my original post. I fail to see any oozing. Could you point it out?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 know you won't allow this thread but I had to try anyway. I have run my report more than once and received different scores. How is that possible? The computer is a machine. It cannot think. It does what the program tells it to do. Is that right?
I f you run the exact same data thru and the "program" is working properly the results can NOT be different.
Therefore If the info is the same and the computer is the same the reason the conclusion is not is the "program".

Does your program ever get changed? Are there any little bugs that have to be fixed or is the program you are running now identical to the original.?
If the answer to either questions is yes then then the scores you sold prior to the "FIX" were incorrect. When these little "bugs" are found do you notify all the people who paid for error scores? Do you notify their creditors who made decisions based on wrong scores you gave them??

Just thought I would ask. By the way I worked in programming for over 30 years so don't tell  me the programs are perfect. LOL'
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I really found it strange that I was typing my response and people were answering before I was finished?

Message 18 of 37
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

posterbob wrote:
. A Troll is someone who frequents dark caves etc.

or alternatively, in the environment in which you have chosen to participate

In Internet terminology, a troll is someone who intentionally posts derogatory or otherwise inflammatory messages about sensitive topics in an established online community such as an online discussion forum to bait users into responding.

Message 19 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

posterbob wrote:
I pulled the score from this web site. I also acquired a copy from a mortgage broker who pulled it a day later. Nothing had changed.
It seems like everyone on this forum are pretty hostile.
No one has attempted to answer the basic question which is are there any fixes made to the program?
A lot of you sound like you work for FICO?

Since it was pulled from two different sources--MyFico and a mortgage broker--already it's likely two different scoring schemes. Most industries have their own scoring. Might be a FICO score. Might be Vantage. Might be something else. Even if it's FICO, it's likely not the same FICO you saw. You could call your mortgage broker and pick their brain for details. Ask them whether it's a FICO score, Vantage score, or something else. They will likely be able to give you a couple of sentences of response, after exclaiming, "Wow, you must know a lot about this stuff because NO ONE ever asks me about it." You also didn't say which CRA was pulled by each.

Hostile? Here? Ha! Stay off the other credit forums, or you won't leave with your skin. Attitude here is met with numerous polite attempts to help. Elsewhere expect a laser guide munition directed to your position. Figuratively speaking.

There's no fixes needed as you've not shown even a hint of a problem.

Tuscani is the only one who works for FICO, and he's very open about that in his profile.

If you're implying I work for FICO, hee-hee-hee-hee-hee-hee-hee-hee. Stop it. Yer killing me.

Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.