Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If only CK was really relevant LOL

tag
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

Re: If only CK was really relevant LOL

Just checked, and CK says I have "Fair" approval odds for a Fingerhut card! I'll be right back

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 11 of 17
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

It also says I have "Poor" odds of getting approved for a CSP, which to be fair, is probably accurate since I definitely wouldn't be approved if I applied Smiley LOL

I hate their approval odds thingy, it's rarely accurate and mostly all it does is cause false hope for people and generate inquiries on their reports, all for the sake of CK getting their referral bucks. It's almost downright predatory behavior.

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 12 of 17
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Yes they tell me I have good approval odds for the deserve card 😂😂😂😂😂Really wow well sign me up 🙄🙄🙄

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 13 of 17
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

I am soooo glad hardly anyone uses Vantage scores.  I would be getting AA left and right.  I also love how I have poor and sometimes fair odds for all of the rebuilding cards because of my low scores.  Meanwhile they hit me with this yesterday and I did a double-take.

6CADCF24-EE3A-4B63-BA8C-A64BA8F7B277.jpeg

Fair approval odds for Credit One, but they were trying to get me into a US Bank Cash+ based on... yeah, I don't know where they got those numbers.

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jnbmom wrote:

Yes they tell me I have good approval odds for the deserve card 😂😂😂😂😂Really wow well sign me up 🙄🙄🙄

That card is better than this one!

7482D3AB-CBA0-468E-800E-AC8E31D06B1D.jpeg

Message 15 of 17
Ugenie7
Valued Member

You all just not checking in often enough so CK sends a silly alert to get you back in. Then show you their advertising! 🤑

I checked in today and saw an offer for an upgrade card. Whatever that is. 🤔

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

They did the same to me. I was dancing and confused AF. Then next day, scores decreased back 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Credit Karma gets a bad rep.... but really, for a free services its quite good.  It is more about the credit report than the credit score.  And they have a good interface for seeing your balances, limits, utilization, and when your balance was last reported.  also age of accounts, any collections is all laid out nicely.

they use vantagescore.  i get it, no lender uses it.  but its free and you arent getting EF/TU fico scores free anywhere outside a few credit cards.  And for all the flack vantagescores get, its a decent guage of your credit health, which while is not the score a lender will see, should help guide people on their journey to improve scores.  Capital ones creditwise is also good in the report and guidance.

Unfortunetly there is no inexpensive non-credit card option to get all 3 ficos 8s as they update.  id gladly pay myfico or someone else 10$ a month for 3B report of fico 8s.  40 bucks a month is alot especially if your rebuilding.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.