cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you apply for a store credit card, with new address, does the new address updates on all CRAs.

tag
ficophysco

If you apply for a store credit card, with new address, does the new address updates on all CRAs.

i just applied for a store credit card (victoria secrets)with comenity bank and i got approved. but when i check my CR i dont see the new address reflected on all CRA ..but only on Expirian /// does it really matter to have your address on all cras or if it shows on Exipirian alone is good...cause i am considering appling for more credit from other institutions...and i dont wanna get declined due to the fact that the address is not showing on all cra. please guys let me know....

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: If you apply for a store credit card, with new address, does the new address updates on all CRAs

It can, but not always. Any account reporting to your CR now will update with the address they have on record. If they don't have your new address, and they do an update, then they'll update with your old address. When you open a new account with a new address they'll update your CR with the new address. For as long as your other accounts don't update with the old address, then the new one should be reflected. But if the older accounts update with the older addresss, then the address could revert back. You'd want to contact your current and open creditors with your new address anyway (for your bills).

Message 2 of 3
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: If you apply for a store credit card, with new address, does the new address updates on all CRAs

Update your address with all creditors which will update CB's

Other wise you could see denials based on address verification and you won't know unless they ask you too call or by recon 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.