cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you want to see who's been "softing" your TU report....here's an FYI!!

BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

If you want to see who's been "softing" your TU report....here's an FYI!!

I found out the hard way, and I'm no novice to the credit monitoring / repairing / rebuilding game.

 

I use a monitoring service through EX, I also have Credit watch Gold through EQ, both of which give me access to who's been "Looking".  But for TU, I don't have this so I first checked True Credit, they wouldn't give me just one report, so I went to transunioncs.com.   Ok...I could purchase one with a FICO for $15.  I bit the bullet & there was NO list of "Account Review Inquiries".

 

After several calls & time on hold, what you see with both of those reports is what anyone checking your credit sees...everything BUT the soft Inq's!

 

So if you're ever wanting to see who's been checking you out, go through the link in my sig block for the annual report site.  There it has it all & that is the only place you can see it.  For $10.50 if you're not due for your freebie yet.

 

I feel much better getting this info out there, since they certainly aren't about to tell you!

 

Just keeping you all informed!!!

 

Your friend here in the myFICO swimming pool!

 

BungalowMo  Smiley Tongue

 

Edit: typo



Starting Score: 02/2015 TU 709 - EQ 676 - EX 729
Current Score: 12/2017 TU 779 - EQ 779 - EX 782
Goal Score: 850

Bury me in the garden...last app 07.27.17

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: If you want to see who's been "softing" your TU report....here's an FYI!!

Just another way for the CRAs to take our money.Smiley Mad They expect us to surf website after website and spend, spend, spend, then we finally have access to the information that should be FREE. Thanks for sharing that, Mo.Smiley Happy

 

The CRAs aka the shysters

Message 2 of 9
O6
Senior Contributor

Re: If you want to see who's been "softing" your TU report....here's an FYI!!


@BungalowMo wrote:

I found out the hard way, and I'm no novice to the credit monitoring / repairing / rebuilding game.

 

I use a monitoring service through EX, I also have Credit watch Gold through EQ, both of which give me access to who's been "Looking".  But for TU, I don't have this so I first checked True Credit, they wouldn't give me just one report, so I went to transunioncs.com.   Ok...I could purchase one with a FICO for $15.  I bit the bullet & there was NO list of "Account Review Inquiries".

 

After several calls & time on hold, what you see with both of those reports is what anyone checking your credit sees...everything BUT the soft Inq's!

 

So if you're ever wanting to see who's been checking you out, go through the link in my sig block for the annual report site.  There it has it all & that is the only place you can see it.  For $10.50 if you're not due for your freebie yet.

 

I feel much better getting this info out there, since they certainly aren't about to tell you!

 

Just keeping you all informed!!!

 

Your friend here in the myFICO swimming pool!

 

BungalowMo  Smiley Tongue

 

Edit: typo


Dear Swimming Coach,

 

You are so right about TU being cheap-a$$ed 'tards.

 

I have found two possible solutions for obtaining my TU soft INQs:

 

1.  Go to the TransUnion Website www.transunion.com and look under <Consumer Assistance> <FACT ACT> where you can fork over $10.50; and / or

 

*2.  On the same Website go through the dispute process and fork over zilch.

 

* Doing this more than three or so times will result in TU putting you on their perpetual s-list and blocking you from all online access through the TU and Annual Credit Report Website to view your TU reports. 

IAALBNYL
Message 3 of 9
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: If you want to see who's been "softing" your TU report....here's an FYI!!

06...I tried the dispute angle & had no luck seeing the inq's, unlike cct backdoor & seeing EX info! Smiley Wink



Starting Score: 02/2015 TU 709 - EQ 676 - EX 729
Current Score: 12/2017 TU 779 - EQ 779 - EX 782
Goal Score: 850

Bury me in the garden...last app 07.27.17

Message 4 of 9
O6
Senior Contributor

Re: If you want to see who's been "softing" your TU report....here's an FYI!!


@BungalowMo wrote:

06...I tried the dispute angle & had no luck seeing the inq's, unlike cct backdoor & seeing EX info! Smiley Wink


Did you try going to www.transunion.com and clicking on the <Consumer Assistance> <FACT ACT> links to get to the dispute page?

 

If you did, then maybe they've changed it in the past year or so.  I used to go that route to see all my softs with TU and after about the tenth time over as many months I got blacklisted and could never access anything TU related online.  I finally had to LART them and also eat a bit of crow for scamming them on the free disclosures.

IAALBNYL
Message 5 of 9
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: If you want to see who's been "softing" your TU report....here's an FYI!!

06...no, I couldn't go there because that wasn't where I bought my report.  I wasn't about to purchase one through them because they want you to get all 3. 

 

Maybe someone can verify this?  Either way, if you just want to take a look once (rather than monitoring) the annual site will give you what you need for a fair price.  I just hate the fact that they don't give it to you on their regular site (upfront) and don't disclose the fact that those softs aren't available.

 

Lying by omission.  You can't see your (full) report as they advertise. 



Starting Score: 02/2015 TU 709 - EQ 676 - EX 729
Current Score: 12/2017 TU 779 - EQ 779 - EX 782
Goal Score: 850

Bury me in the garden...last app 07.27.17

Message 6 of 9
O6
Senior Contributor

Re: If you want to see who's been "softing" your TU report....here's an FYI!!


@BungalowMo wrote:

06...no, I couldn't go there because that wasn't where I bought my report.  I wasn't about to purchase one through them because they want you to get all 3. 

 

Maybe someone can verify this?  Either way, if you just want to take a look once (rather than monitoring) the annual site will give you what you need for a fair price.  I just hate the fact that they don't give it to you on their regular site (upfront) and don't disclose the fact that those softs aren't available.

 

Lying by omission.  You can't see your (full) report as they advertise. 


Go to www.transunion.com and under the <Consumer Assistance> column you'll see a link that says <FACT ACT>.  On the next page click on the link <Learn more about obtaining a free credit report ...>.

 

You can then go down to the second link in item #4 and pay $10.50.

 

For a free disclosure, follow the same steps as above but click on any of the links in item #2 or #3 instead of the second link in item #4.

 

No matter where you obtained your report or whether you have one or not, you can still obtain a free disclosure for dispute purposes.  Under <Consumer Assistance> click on the link in the first paragraph <Dispute an item ...>.  The next page click on <Submit a dispute>.

 

Now click on <Online> and it will take you into the process of getting a free disclosure (w/ softs) that you can use to formulate your dispute, if any. 

 

======

 

It also irritates me that I can see softs with EX and EQ but TU has to be the nonconformist b'tard child.

 

IAALBNYL
Message 7 of 9
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: If you want to see who's been "softing" your TU report....here's an FYI!!

 


@O6 wrote:

@BungalowMo wrote:

06...no, I couldn't go there because that wasn't where I bought my report.  I wasn't about to purchase one through them because they want you to get all 3. 

 

Maybe someone can verify this?  Either way, if you just want to take a look once (rather than monitoring) the annual site will give you what you need for a fair price.  I just hate the fact that they don't give it to you on their regular site (upfront) and don't disclose the fact that those softs aren't available.

 

Lying by omission.  You can't see your (full) report as they advertise. 


Go to www.transunion.com and under the <Consumer Assistance> column you'll see a link that says <FACT ACT>.  On the next page click on the link <Learn more about obtaining a free credit report ...>.

 

You can then go down to the second link in item #4 and pay $10.50.

 

For a free disclosure, follow the same steps as above but click on any of the links in item #2 or #3 instead of the second link in item #4.

 

No matter where you obtained your report or whether you have one or not, you can still obtain a free disclosure for dispute purposes.  Under <Consumer Assistance> click on the link in the first paragraph <Dispute an item ...>.  The next page click on <Submit a dispute>.

 

Now click on <Online> and it will take you into the process of getting a free disclosure (w/ softs) that you can use to formulate your dispute, if any. 

 

======

 

It also irritates me that I can see softs with EX and EQ but TU has to be the nonconformist b'tard child. <----that's just plain funny!!!  Smiley Very Happy

 


hahaha...I just did this...the online dispute is temporarily unavailable!   Why does this not surprise me??  Oh, the irony!

 



Starting Score: 02/2015 TU 709 - EQ 676 - EX 729
Current Score: 12/2017 TU 779 - EQ 779 - EX 782
Goal Score: 850

Bury me in the garden...last app 07.27.17

Message 8 of 9
O6
Senior Contributor

Re: If you want to see who's been "softing" your TU report....here's an FYI!!


@BungalowMo wrote:

 


@O6 wrote:

@BungalowMo wrote:

06...no, I couldn't go there because that wasn't where I bought my report.  I wasn't about to purchase one through them because they want you to get all 3. 

 

Maybe someone can verify this?  Either way, if you just want to take a look once (rather than monitoring) the annual site will give you what you need for a fair price.  I just hate the fact that they don't give it to you on their regular site (upfront) and don't disclose the fact that those softs aren't available.

 

Lying by omission.  You can't see your (full) report as they advertise. 


Go to www.transunion.com and under the <Consumer Assistance> column you'll see a link that says <FACT ACT>.  On the next page click on the link <Learn more about obtaining a free credit report ...>.

 

You can then go down to the second link in item #4 and pay $10.50.

 

For a free disclosure, follow the same steps as above but click on any of the links in item #2 or #3 instead of the second link in item #4.

 

No matter where you obtained your report or whether you have one or not, you can still obtain a free disclosure for dispute purposes.  Under <Consumer Assistance> click on the link in the first paragraph <Dispute an item ...>.  The next page click on <Submit a dispute>.

 

Now click on <Online> and it will take you into the process of getting a free disclosure (w/ softs) that you can use to formulate your dispute, if any. 

 

======

 

It also irritates me that I can see softs with EX and EQ but TU has to be the nonconformist b'tard child. <----that's just plain funny!!!  Smiley Very Happy

 


hahaha...I just did this...the online dispute is temporarily unavailable!   Why does this not surprise me??  Oh, the irony!

 


They probably knew I sent you and turned it off.  Smiley Happy

 

I used it before and ended up getting banned for nearly life.

IAALBNYL
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.