Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In the process of having collections removed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

In the process of having collections removed

Quick question. I reached out to 3 companies that I have a collection with. All 3 are paid. I called them all and uncovered that the reason they weren't paid is because they were mailing a different address. All 3 agreed to deleted theee accounts. I have 2 questions
1. Timing is sensitive, should I jump the gun and dispute them with the credit bureaus?
2.how long does it take for the items to be removed without a dispute?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: In the process of having collections removed

@Anonymous wrote:
Quick question. I reached out to 3 companies that I have a collection with. All 3 are paid. I called them all and uncovered that the reason they weren't paid is because they were mailing a different address. All 3 agreed to deleted theee accounts. I have 2 questions
1. Timing is sensitive, should I jump the gun and dispute them with the credit bureaus?
2.how long does it take for the items to be removed without a dispute?

1. No harm in disputing them.

2. It varies. Usually within a month.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 of the agencies said they do t send updates until the first week of January. Can I still dispute them even though they haven't sent the deletion over yet? Could this speed up the process?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Regarding your "no harm in disputing them" answer.  I called one of the collection agencies and the rep told me not to dispute the collection because it will change the status of my collection from deleted to disputed.  Is this true.? That doesn't seem right,

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Regarding your "no harm in disputing them" answer.  I called one of the collection agencies and the rep told me not to dispute the collection because it will change the status of my collection from deleted to disputed.  Is this true.? That doesn't seem right,

I would highly suggest not disputing a CA that promised a deletion. It is against credit reporting policy the credit bureaus have in place stating do not delete if and when paid.

The CA could change their mind because their not suppose to delete it and you just told on them.

Be grateful they agreed to delete. Just sit tight. It can take up to 90 days for removal.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.