Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccurate Name & Address on Reports

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Inaccurate Name & Address on Reports

There is a name alias on my report that I have never used before; I have only used the legal name on my birth certificate. Additionally, there are several addresses on my report that I have never resided at. A couple of them I recognize as residences of my ex-wife after our divorce was finalized.

Is there an efficient way to get these removed? I'm thinking I can just send a copy of a birth certificate to the CRA's, but what about the addresses? How do I prove I never lived at these previous addresses? I want my reports to be as accurate as possible.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Inaccurate Name & Address on Reports

I actually just cleaned this one up from Transunion, I sent them a letter of dispute with my demographic and name. Sent my ID (I didnt send my birth certificate) and asked them to remove the other addresses that are showing that's not mine. I didnt send anything else, 3 days later. All the addresses were removed and my name only reflects my maiden and my legal name. Good luck!

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Inaccurate Name & Address on Reports

As long as you provide some proof of identity, the CRAs will usually correct upon submission of a statement by the consumer.

You usually dont even have to file a formal dispute.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.