Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccurate info dispute letters

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Inaccurate info dispute letters

Anyone have any well worded inaccurate inof dispute letters to send to the CRA's to clear up a bunch of mistakes? Thaks
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
zep
Valued Member

Re: Inaccurate info dispute letters

I just had deleted a bunch of incorrect names (11) and about 12 addresses. The names listed were something ridiculous, like "xyz street" or close to my name but incorrectly spelled. I still have one more name and 3 addresses to correct.

In reply to my latest request their reply was: "Please contact us by phone if you need additional assistance to determine the specific credit grantors that reported this address to us"

I believe all that is hogwash, are they going to whisper in my ear the name of the credit grantor who got my credit report with the incorrect name??? I sent them a letter requesting they disclose their names. It is my intention to pester them until they do so.

It is said the addresses and incorrect names do not affect you. However what about when you aply for a job, or a security clearance, or a government job, and they see all those aliases and different addresses you never disclosed (because you were not even aware of it). They sure have the potential to affect you big time. In my case I applied for a police department civilian position and my background check was affected by them.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Inaccurate info dispute letters

most of us dispute online  by fax or CMRRR   I don't know of any dispute letters.  All you need is the info from your CR     and a short statment about your dispute.
Example...

I am disputing this TL as it is * not mine *!   The amount due is not accurate  etc.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.