Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Income requirement for the Target Card

tag
folks19
Frequent Contributor

Income requirement for the Target Card

Hi! I'm looking to apply for the target card because I want to take advantage of the 5% discount. Does anyone know what's their income requirement, or what is a reasonable amount of income to get approved? Any experience?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Income requirement for the Target Card

They approve college students so I doubt it needs to be high. An alternative is to just get the debit card.

Message 2 of 7
folks19
Frequent Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

They approve college students so I doubt it needs to be high. An alternative is to just get the debit card.

Did you experience getting this card with low income?

How much do those college students make?

Message 3 of 7
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@folks19 wrote:

I don't think so, but it was a while ago. Typical full-time college students report around $15k income if I remember correctly.

Message 4 of 7
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@folks19 wrote:

You could probably get one on $10K income

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed, the bar for approval isn't very high for Target, although the CL will also be low. It can and does grow at the whim of TD Bank though.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

As long as you do not have considerable expenses, then a lower income isn't a bad thing. They simply want to know you'll be able to pay the bill when it comes due, and that you'll be profitable enough for them to issue said card.

I don't know why they stopped doing this, but when i was 18 CC issuers put the minimum income requirement on the application. At least then you knew whther to waste your time and a HP.

Good Luck!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.