Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Social Security Number on Credit Report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Incorrect Social Security Number on Credit Report

Hello all,

I am a new member.  I have a problem.  I'll try to make this long story short.  Credit reports for my correct social security number, as given to me by the wonderful US Government, find no results.  I finally couldn't figure this out and my bank found a different social security number for my name, address, date of birth from the three wonderful credit agencies.  All but one of the SSN digits are correct.  Therefore, it appears that someone made a clerical error.  How do I get this fixed?  Thank you very much.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Takunda1
Established Contributor

Re: Incorrect Social Security Number on Credit Report

Get a letter from the social security office with your correct number on it. You have to visit the SS office. Then send them to the CRA makes ure to get all originals from the SS office or the CRA may refuse them. Also double check your CR for fraud.

Message Edited by Takunda1 on 08-21-2007 01:26 PM
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your help.  Is this a common problem for the CRAs? 

Also, is this letter a special request or is it a standard request @ the SS office?  By this I mean, will I have to spell out what I need from them or is this a normal occurrence?  Should/will the letter also have my address and date of birth listed on it?

Lastly, I will send a letter from the SS office as well as a letter from me concerning the situation to CSC Services (Equifax's affiliate in my area), Experian, and Transunion.   Is there anything else I should include and/or do?  Thank you very much.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

same problem here...my bro's SS is one digit apart from mine. Showed up on Ex and I had to dispute it--it got changed no prob.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.