Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect but validated

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Incorrect but validated

I have a PAID Collection with Asset Acceptance (paid in 9/07 in full, have letter stating that). They verified this once in December and once in January, however even though it is listed as Paid or $0 balance, in the History Section on the official report it says 'Collection as of 9/07 and 12/07' and on the MyFico report it says 90+ Days Late as of 12/07. Note that even though the PIF letter they sent me was from 10/07 it was paid on 9/1/07 (I have the canceled check).

I spoke to a Credit Lawyer who is unwilling to take the case (not egregious enough for him).

Is there any letter I can send to compel them to change this, or to the CRA themselves?

If I include the Paid in Full letter they sent and a copy of my report, can that serve as an actual dispute? Or will they just have to change it? Or will the not have to do anything?

Any suggestions on best steps to take to get it off or at worst fixed to have last Collection month 8/07 would help a lot.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Incorrect but validated

nyccc2 wrote:
I have a PAID Collection with Asset Acceptance (paid in 9/07 in full, have letter stating that). They verified this once in December and once in January, however even though it is listed as Paid or $0 balance, in the History Section on the official report it says 'Collection as of 9/07 and 12/07' *Will remain reported as a collection account, whether paid or not. and on the MyFico report it says 90+ Days Late as of 12/07. *Should report as current, was 90+ Days past due.Note that even though the PIF letter they sent me was from 10/07 it was paid on 9/1/07 (I have the canceled check).

I spoke to a Credit Lawyer who is unwilling to take the case (not egregious enough for him).

Is there any letter I can send to compel them to change this, or to the CRA themselves?

If I include the Paid in Full letter they sent and a copy of my report, can that serve as an actual dispute? Or will they just have to change it? Or will the not have to do anything?

Any suggestions on best steps to take to get it off or at worst fixed to have last Collection month 8/07 would help a lot.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Incorrect but validated

Hi, I understand it is listed as a Collection Account (Paid).

However that is not the same thing as listing in the Account History that as of 12/07 it is IN Collections and/or that it is 90+days late as of 12/07.

On MyFico where it shows
30 Days Late:
60 Days Late:
90 Days Late: December 2007

on the official report it just says

In Collections as of 9/07 and 12/07.

A paid Collection in not in collections.

I don't even mind being 'my stuff'. I just mind being not my stuff. Smiley Indifferent
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.